Hello, guest
|
Name: ZoeysMum
[ Original Post ]
My husband and I have had temporary custody of his brothers daughter (our niece) since June 2011. She has lived in our home much longer than that though. She has lived with us since she was 3 months old and she will be 2 in march. The father of the child has spent all but maybe 6 months of her life in jail and the mother of the child has been in jail for almost a year and has a 4 year term to serve before she can get out. The child has never known her biological parents as mommy and daddy. The father only sees her once every other month and the mother only sees her when I decide to take her to the jail to see her. Before the mother was sent to jail she was and ADMITTED daily meth user along with other drugs. She is in jail as a FEDERAL inmate for manufacturing meth. The father is also a drug addict and spent a year in jail for possession and some other charges. We are moving for permanent custody very soon because the mother is being shipped out of the state to a federal prison. My household is a drug free household with steady good income. My husband works very long hours as a roof pinner in the coal mines and I am a stay at home momma to one beautiful little girl (niece). I told you all of this to ask this question. How do I make the jump from permanent custody to adoption? How much of a chance do i have at success with this? How much of a chance do the parents have if they fight to get her back? What are the steps to move from permanent custody to adopting her?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us