Hello, guest
|
Name: Anna555
[ Original Post ]
My six year old son is Autistic. He's in a mixed class with regular kids and every day I am receiving notes about his behavior in class. I know that I need to spend more time at home with him but that is where I need help. I am a full time manager and according to my company I have to work 42 or more hours a week. Unfortunately, that leaves little time for my son. Are there any laws out there so that i can work less time, because of my situation, but still remain a full time worker. I just want to be able to work 32 hours and not get fired but I don't know all the laws for people with mentally disabled children.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: wemakeitwork | Date: Oct 29th, 2012 7:26 PM
First, let me help you with the guilt. Children with Autism, by nature, are reactionary. The deal with what's in front of them. The behavioral issues are most likely connected to his experiences at school. The school district is famous for projecting blame on the parents. They'd like to to defer responsibility because they can defer the cost of provided a more appropriate situation.

Labor laws pertaining to caring for a loved one refer to unpaid leave, not reduced hours.

In either case, you have approached a crossroads familiar to most of us...where we are forced to create change in our lives. You'll have to carefully evaluate what is & isn't working for your family. When you identify the irritant(s), you can prepare to make adjustments, one at a time.

Though it may seem impossible, I can tell you I have had to create a life as a homeschooling mom, as the sole breadwinner, with no help & no child support. If it must be done, it can be done. Whatever changes you contemplate, you can achieve. 

Name: Grandma Karen | Date: Jan 2nd, 2013 1:29 AM
Anna55
You need to let people know what state that you live in because the laws vary from state to state, I live Florida which has the right to work laws. Which losley translated means that if you cannot comply with job requirements. you need to give up your job. It stinks amd is not fair, but where did you ever hear that life was fair.
Karen 

Name: AutismTutor | Date: Jan 13th, 2013 4:58 AM
For what it's worth, I think "full time" is considered anything over 35 hours. It might even be less as "ObamaCare" is implemented. You might be able to use this information to negotiate with your boss. I hope so. Good luck. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us