Hello, guest
|
Name: Robbin
[ Original Post ]
What do I do? I don't know how to keep him in there?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Boxing gloves | Date: Apr 19th, 2006 9:54 PM
How about applying little, tiny boxing gloves in order to stop him from using his fingers? He will however be able to give you a good right hook when you try to get him out of the seat! 

Name: Holly | Date: Apr 21st, 2006 8:28 PM
Stop by the Police Station and have an officer come out and tell your toddler what happens if mommy's driving and he gets out. It may scare the toddler into staying put. 

Name: Boxing gloves | Date: Apr 21st, 2006 8:58 PM
No, the boxing gloves are the best idea. Go out and buy some now and see the difference they'll make! 

Name: katie | Date: Apr 24th, 2006 10:53 PM
hi i have a 19 mth old baby boy and i cant keep him in his carseat he brings himself 4ward also he can get out of his buggy!nitemare driving with him also have a daughter five 

Name: Boxing gloves | Date: Apr 27th, 2006 9:26 PM
Buy them both boxing gloves!!!

Put an end to this nightmare!!! 

Name: evee | Date: May 24th, 2006 3:39 AM
have a special treat, and tell him he only gets it if he listens to mommy, and daddy and doesnt get out of his carseat. it doesnt have to be ice-cream and cookies all the time, maybe like a balloon, or a coloring book, or get to stay up 10 minutes later, or have him stay in his carseat, and find red cars, because you need help finding red cars [just tell him that lol]then if he goes a month without getting out of his carseat, take him to the zoo. remember LOTS of praise, and tell him what a big helper he is to help you in the car by staying put an helping u find those things!!!!! you could also invest in one if thise child seat locks................ 

Name: Sophie | Date: Jun 29th, 2006 12:02 AM
You should but gloves that he can't take off my daughter does that but all I do is talk to her and she stops my daughter is only one too!!!!! You should talk to he too 

Name: Jenny | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 9:00 PM
Stop by the police station and make sure your car seat if properly tightened. I had a daycare child who could get out of his seat and we found that the straps were too loose. How about trying a different car seat? 

Name: Tyler | Date: Jul 1st, 2006 5:17 AM
Well why dont you get a new car seat, more complicated?? That way it is harder for him to get out. 

Name: Forget the boxing gloves | Date: Jul 19th, 2006 7:49 PM
Use duct tape! 

Name: kayleen | Date: Jul 27th, 2006 11:24 PM
get a new carseat and dopnt let him see how to undo it 

Name: sheila | Date: Aug 15th, 2006 2:58 AM
have you tried spaking. 

Name: robbin to sheila | Date: Aug 15th, 2006 7:59 PM
yes i have i guess he is not afraid of a spanken anymore 

Name: to Robbin | Date: Aug 22nd, 2006 11:23 AM
after you spank him then don't move the car till he has his seat belt on if he takes it off while you are moveing pull over and spank him again and wait till he got his belt on he will get tired of getting spanked and bord just waiting there 

Name: lisa | Date: Aug 30th, 2006 6:54 PM
when you find out let me know. my 2 year old is a whodini!!! 

Name: jeani | Date: Sep 11th, 2006 2:34 AM
hey i completely know how you feel , mine do too. 

Name: Stardreams | Date: Sep 15th, 2006 1:18 AM
I can't phathom spanking my 2yo for any reason, although we haven't reached the point yet of her trying to unbuckle her seatbelt. The only time she is allowed to touch her belt is to buckle the middle straps together, otherwise I always handle it. It is a given that the car does not move until seat belts are on. My kids have a coniption fit if the car begins to move and they're not buckled yet, or if an adult passenger isn't wearing their seatbelt.

My 2yo for a few days kept wiggling her arms out. We'd pull over and put her arms back in. I had to do it in a way that it wasn't "attention" for wiggling her arms out there. Tightened the straps and kept going. She quickly stopped.

I hope you can find the key. 

Name: kim | Date: Sep 26th, 2006 8:55 PM
my 2 year old slides the buckle down then out comes his arms and be for you no it hes all the way out i dont no what to do i can't go anywere anymore 

Name: momof1 | Date: Sep 28th, 2006 6:49 AM
Hello all... I had the same problem with my son (he will be 3 this week). My little guy can figure out how to get out of anything. The first time he undid the harness on his carseat, I rushed over to Babies R' US with the intention of buying the best carseat on the market that he couldn't get out of. When I was there, the salesperson said that I would just be wasting my money.
So the next time it happened, I pulled the car over, and buckled him back in. I did this each and everytime he did it. And finally he realized that I meant businness. I also reinforced his good behaviour with a treat. It took some time, and alot of pulling over. But it finally worked. I hope this helps. 

Name: momof1 | Date: Sep 28th, 2006 6:53 AM
just wanted to add this one point... whatever you decide to do... just be consistant in what you do! :) 

Name: zoeee | Date: Sep 29th, 2006 2:23 PM
haha. my little brother constantly does it. my mother spotted a young girl with stitches on her head and told him thats what will happen if he dont stay put as he'll go through the glass. must have looked sore because he now stays 

Name: angelika | Date: Dec 19th, 2009 10:47 PM
just use that child proof lock thingy on your backseat doors and she wont be able to get out . trust meeeeee lol 

Name: Luke Meuse | Date: Mar 6th, 2010 4:29 AM
Im a single mom(: 

Name: Llama | Date: Oct 27th, 2010 11:58 PM
Tell him a scary story about a man who was driving his kid down an allay way and suddenly the kid got out of the car seat and suddenly zombies started attacking the car. They broke windows and took the kid and they hypnotized him into getting a carrier in the circus. The kid was never seen again... except at the local circus. 

Name: Llama | Date: Oct 27th, 2010 11:58 PM
Actually... don't... 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us