Hello, guest
|
Name: shannon
[ Original Post ]
I have a son with adhd. His two younger brothers don't but they are following his behavior what do I do?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mumtomonsters | Date: Feb 20th, 2006 8:50 PM
i have 3 sons 2 have adhd but the youngest has not ,but has odd he has copied his brothers behaviours, he is now 6 years old the other boys are 7 and 18 years, i have found by explaining to him about adhd and why the other boys react to situations like they do has help a lot he is now quite well behaved and can explain to others why his brother is behaving the way he is . he also is very proud about doing well in school but will never show off in frount of his brother as he will suffer poor little thing, i really thought at first that he was also adhd but it was just copied behaviour he has grown out of it a bit but finds it very hard living with his brothers, they will learn to understand but it may take time. 

Name: Debi | Date: Feb 22nd, 2006 12:58 AM
I have had the same situation in my home. Depending on what it is and how old they are you may have to disipline them for it. The first time my younger ones thought they would "throw" a temper tantrum like their older brother did, a few minutes in corner nipped that in the bud. They have also been to counseling to deal with the oldests behavior, to learn why he is like he is. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us