Hello, guest
|
Name: monicabing
[ Original Post ]
hi
i have gone to hell and back for about 1 year and a half now my son has been out of control i have been to the doctors and they keep saying we will see how he goes!!! he is not so bad at school but he has ran away a couple of times. he is very aggressive he has tried to attack me with a hammer , he has tempted a few time to jump out of his bedroom window he attacks his brother and sister he has punched,bitten,headbutted his dad he keeps saying he is going to burn down the house, he wants to kill me,he even pushed his brother down the stairs because he said he got on his nerves , i caught him wrapping a scarf round his neck and tying it to his bunk bed with a pillow over his head as he keeps saying he wants to die and then he chases me saying he is going to kill me the worst thing is that im scared of my 7yr old son!!! i have just completed a test on the internet it gave me alot of questions which i answered and the result came back saying that it looks to them he as adhd!! what do i do next please help me im completly ran out of energy now !!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Mikes mom | Date: Jan 9th, 2007 9:33 PM
Your son needs to see a psychiatrist. There is more to the problems you are describing than AD/HD. typically, kids who have ADHD don't have this degree of suicidal thoughts or agression. You need professional help. As great as this forum is, it is no substitute for professional medical attention. Get in to see another doctor. With every medical school, someone had to graduate at the bottom of their class. :) 

Name: taybry | Date: Jan 10th, 2007 12:05 AM
Please have him seen by a therapist, pysch ... asap. He sounds like he may have a few problems , such as odd, bi-polar and possibly depression. Don't wait!! I can be reached at [email protected], I keep you in my prayers 

Name: tpeters | Date: Jan 10th, 2007 7:18 PM
Brain disorder...I feel what you are going through. there is help here is my story read on:This is a very sensitive subject for me. I am the parent of a daughter 15 years old. She started cutting, talked about and tried suicide and had major depression. On the outside she seemed happy to those around her. She was able to disguise it well. I, through a long process, found help and I want everyone to know.
Jan. 3,4,5/07 we were in California at the Amen clinic http://www.brainplace.com/ or http://amenclinics.com/ Before we left we put her on mood stabilizer Lamictal. It started to do wonders. Glad we did not go on Prosac, the psychiatrists here in CO were guessing, no thanks.
They were actually able to see into her brain at amen Clinic and figure out what was wrong with a new type of procedure called SPECT. They diagnosed her with Mood disorder, PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), and ADHD. The doctor we saw explained everything. They are very thorough. She is already improving on the Lamictal and they gave her a prescription for some wafers that are fast acting to put under her tongue for anxiety if she needs something right away.
The reason for the CUTTING!!! The Doctor there explained that when a person cuts, it causes the body to release chemicals in the brain that actually cool down the hot spots on the brain that are responsible for racing thoughts, anxiety, etc. It has a physiological reason. They are not crazy! It is a way to self medicate! Get help now.
So get help now. There is good help available. Dr. Clements is the doctor we saw there. He is excellent with teens and it doesn’t hurt as my daughter put it that “he is hot” (good looking for any parent reading this that is not familiar with that term .LOL Tell him I recommended him.
Also, talk to your counselor or principal at school and get her (easier after diagnosis) a 504 plan. It will take so much stress off.
Let me know if I can help further. Prayer works, that is what led me to the path that has been the answer.
Tina
[email protected] 

Name: SUE | Date: Jan 10th, 2007 7:46 PM
HI MY DAUGHTER HAS ADHD COMBINED SHE IS 6 AND SHE IS AGRESSIVE BUT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUICIDAL THOUGHTS IF YOUR IN THE UK YOU HAVE TO ASK THE SCHOOL WHAT HE IS LIKE THE SCHOOL NURSE GOT ME REFERED TO OUR LOCAL ADHD TEAM BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BASED 

Name: jonny | Date: Jan 18th, 2007 5:04 AM
hi this is my first chat ever so sorry for my bad typeing my name is jon im a 34 year old single father who is adhd and on the highest dose of ridalin they can give . i have a 14 year old son who is diagnosed adhd and your not alone with your problems . i have been dealing with this for years and if i can give you an opinion from experiance i would love to share. the more you know about it , the less out of control you will feel, the less out of contol you feel, the better you will be able to handle your sons problems. i still have tons of issues but alot depends on a kick ass attitude
chow for now
jon 

Name: Yawmom | Date: Jan 21st, 2007 12:57 AM
I agree with the first response. He sounds like he has issues that you can't solve, have him see a doctor. He won't outgrow this.
Way too agressive and his actions are going to destroy your family. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us