Hello, guest
|
Name: marianne81
[ Original Post ]
I am 6 weeks pregnant, and don't know if I should share the news with my family yet or wait. Since I moved to the big city (2 years ago) I really haven't made any friends, and now I am feeling quite lonely in this situation. I feel depressed and and very sad. (but am really happy about news...). Any advice on how to make friends while starting a pregnancy... My family is far away and my spouse works long hours. I just feel like I need some woman friends, I sounds kind of feel pathetic. I mean, should I go to the library, wait in the maternity section, and just say : hey! I'm pregnant too! lets hand out!
thanks,
Marianne
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Dec 6th, 2008 3:19 PM
Look for momy groups in your area so when you have your baby you can make and meet new friends.

also this site has a bunch of nice lady's on it. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Dec 6th, 2008 3:19 PM
Mommy** 

Name: Elizabeth28 | Date: Oct 6th, 2009 7:34 PM
Hello, I am sorry to hear how you are feeling. I am 12 weeks pregnant and I am also living in a new place with no girl friends, I don't work out of the home to meet anyone. I am pretty much in the same boat. Depression while being pregnant is one of the hardest things to deal with, I know. How about joining a Jym, talk to other women that are there alone, you can work out lightly while pregnant. Plus it will be good for you. 

Name: mskris3dd | Date: Oct 7th, 2009 2:52 AM
Marianne,

I feel the same way. My family does know, and i'm a little further along,but I wish I had friends to share it with. Which large city do you live in? I live in a pretty large city myself. 

Name: vrnc_kelly | Date: Oct 14th, 2009 4:24 AM
I think you the best person for you to try to talk to is your spouse. If you feel lonely its natural pregnancy is very emotional state and yes he works long hours but there is the net and the phone you can text each other call each other all the time you can tell him what you feel it wil bring you guys closer together and that is a very important thing right now the closer you are the better. I am in my fourth month and I too am starting to feel lonely and my other half has some very long hours but this weekend I'm planning a lil night for us and then maybe the next day we could go watch a movie...I try to distract myself as much as I could sometimes I feel like crying for no reason but its just the hormones. And, I only have two friends who are very far away which kinda sucks and makes me wish I had been more friendly in the pass but its just the hormones taking over...I say buy alot of movies and your most craved foods and endulge yourself I know that would make me feel better...order a pizza or something and have a night to yourself go out get a manicure get,your hair done,go shopping it'll make you feel better...

Veronica 

Name: vrnc_kelly | Date: Oct 14th, 2009 4:30 AM
And the parents part don't worry about it when the time is right you'll know to tell them...I have it bad because my mom doesn't support the whole fact that I'm pregnant beacuse she doesn't like my spouse and that makes it even harder because she was someone that I was counting on to talk to and tell me what to and what not to do...but it will be ok 

Name: ava4liv1 | Date: Oct 25th, 2009 2:16 PM
I ll Be your friend. Is this your first baby? 

Name: babybhogal | Date: Oct 30th, 2009 4:09 AM
i hear ya...its hard especially with all the hormones ....it'll get better when you have the baby and join certain groups.... what about prenatal classes? a good way to meet other pregnant women? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us