Hello, guest
|
Name: joynbama1
[ Original Post ]
Help.... does anyone out there homeschool a child with ADD or NVLD? I have been told that my son is ADH since he was 5 years old. He is now 16 and no longer hyper at all. In my heart I believe that there is something that the school officals and testing has over looked. I believe that my son actually has Non-verbal Learning disorder. I have been fighting the school system for years to get them to work with him in a different manner in which they have been addressing (Or NOT addressing) his problem. This year has been really horrible. The school that he is in requires a 2.5 GPA to remain there.... he is not going to be able to return next year and I am thinking about pulling him out now and homeschooling him in order to try and keep him from failing all together. I am searching for anyone that might be homeschooling other children with this same condition to see what material they are using and how they cope with this. Thank you for reading.... Joy
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Samantha Anderson | Date: Oct 1st, 2009 5:37 AM
I know how parents with Non verbal learning disorder feel when it comes to the school system. I am now homeschooling after fighting with the public school to get my daughter the help she needs. She was diagnosed with sensory depravation and Non-verbal learnig disorder. She is now in seventh grade and is slowly improving. We have a strict routine. She is up by eight Monday- Friday. School by 9-4. Playtime 4:30-6. Dinner then she can play on computer from 7-8:30. She then takes trash out and cleans her room. Bed by 10 pm. Saturday is fun day. Sunday is church. I do have one bit of advice for cleaning the bed room take pictures of the room clean, make lists and try to stay calm. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us