Hello, guest
|
Name: Robbi
[ Original Post ]
my dalmation is 12, has diabetes, heart trouble, arthritis and maybe cancer....she's been sick for 2 weeks, took her to vet hospital where they gave her 1 litre fluid and wanted to keep her for at least 2 days maybe more, they said, which estimated between $3000-$4000...I spent $500 that night and haven't the finances for the $3000-$4000....took her to her regular vet where he did tests and her calcium is way up and that is when he discovered she has diabetes....she did good on her pills for a week then she stopped eating, is vomitting a yellow/orange fluid...she is drinking lots of water and is refusing food, I've tried EVERYTHING....her back legs collapse off and on (from weakness maybe?) and I have to get a towel and place under her tummy in front of her back legs and pull up on her and assist her to the house, then she can walk but kinda wobbly......she's been 3 days without food, just drinking water and vomits every time she drinks and it's this yellow/orange looking fluid...anyone have any ideas? because of her heart problem, surgery is out of the question..I'm at my wit's end and don't know what else to do....no food, no meds, just water is her consumption....because of her high calcium reading, her vet said it's a possibility she has cancer and that is what I am afraid of.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Robbi | Date: Jul 27th, 2008 1:55 AM
my beloved dalmation is gone....she passed away yesterday :( 

Name: Mallory | Date: Nov 24th, 2008 6:14 PM
Hey, my cat was doing the same thing but I didn't know she had diabetes. Basically I freaked out, took her to the vet and they said she had diabetes and the sugar was just pouring into her urine and had somehow had a stroke down the line. I had her for 18 years and decided to put her down after weeks of trying to feed her with a dropper to force any liquid down I could. I couldn't let her suffer any more but she knew without a doubt how much she meant to me and how important she was to me. It has been 3 weeks and I sit by her grave daily and can't let go but it's hard not to be selfish sometimes. Now she is running around in heaven doing things she hasn't been able to do in a long, long time so do what your heart tells you and put yourself in her paws for a day and just think it through. Ask for financial help. Some will let you make payments if they are a true heartfelt vet like mine. I will pray for you and your baby. Good luck. 

Name: jtorres24 | Date: Dec 24th, 2008 12:09 PM
wow this story is so sad.......i am worried about my yorkie because he has been weezing and spitting up. I have a vet visit on friday, i hope its something minor that can be fixed with meds but i am scared because it has been happening for a while, but not frequently. Now its like almost everyday. At the moment I am not working b/c i am pregnant and im also afraid I may not afford the treatment if its really bad. I love him so much and i can not imagine him dying on me at such a young age.....i will put up a post when i find out what it is 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us