Hello, guest
|
Name: wfafadancer
[ Original Post ]
I have been wrestling with this decision for a long time, 14 months to be exact. I had my son Nov of 2010, his father was not there and has never seen him or done a DNA test. He has acknowledged paternity to me, and has paid me child support in an agreement we made between us 2. It's like he wants it to stay hidden away and not have to deal with it. He has paid ever since he said he would and on time, although I am pretty sure I would get somewhat more than he is paying me now through the court. He has never seen our son and has no intentions to, he is getting married in April and I just married someone in December. I honestly do not know if I should file it legally or not, or what would be harder for my son to accept when he gets older. Any thoughts?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: 1sonineDad | Date: Feb 2nd, 2012 5:00 AM
realy every thing as money he has given you is free file with the courts so ther will be paper! 

Name: Mommabear | Date: Feb 6th, 2012 2:16 AM
I would keep it quiet and be thankful. If you have copies of checks, it is as though he acknowledged and as if you have an agreement, which if you ever needed to go to court, would be wirth something. I'd avoid any legal hassles because it will eat up any money you have received, create ill-will and probably not be worth it in the end. My kids could each have a college education with what we paid lawyers to get divorced. 

Name: maggchick | Date: Apr 16th, 2012 12:51 AM
If you think he will continue paying without having the courts involved I would continue your current agreement, however if you have any reason to believe he won't I would file for support. I personally have a court order for support but if it's working without it then so be it... I would recommend taking action while your son is still young if you think you're going to need to. The younger he is the less affect everything will have on him. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us