Hello, guest
|
Name: hse07
[ Original Post ]
My name is Erin, and I am 20 years old. My boyfriend and I just found out I am pregnant, and I don't know what to do. He wants me to have an abortion...and at first I wanted that too, but now I am having second thoughts.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: silentraven22 | Date: Feb 23rd, 2007 7:16 AM
follow your heart dear, thats all i can say. i'm 22 and pregnant and my childs father asked the same thing. I really thought about it but i love children and found that i really couldn't, he later told me he reacted out of fear. You both need to sit down and talk. But the choice is yours all you can do is what you feel is right. If you need to talk hun, my email is [email protected]
Good Luck 

Name: sunflower | Date: Feb 23rd, 2007 7:47 PM
It is your body and only you can decided what to do!

You have to really go through your option's! 

Name: sally24 | Date: Feb 23rd, 2007 9:27 PM
do what you think is best , lots of clinics like planned parenthood offer free counseling to help you work through what you are feeling and make the best descion possible , if you don't feel you are ready to be a mom but don't feel like an abortion is right for you theres always adoption my niece is adopted and it was a wonderfull exprience. Never do anything for anyone else , abortion is never easy I had one at five weeks many, many years ago it felt right at the time , I did it for me and no one else , but honestly if i could go back I'm not sure i would of made the same descion i probably would of given the baby up instead , its still with me to this day and always will be on some level. 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Feb 24th, 2007 12:50 AM
Do what YOU want not what HE wants or else you could REALLY regret it later! 

Name: mel211985 | Date: Feb 25th, 2007 7:37 PM
like the others said do what you feel right he may not like it buts its his tough luck. You will regret it if yfou go against your own instincts because your boyfriend says so. I wish you luck. 

Name: sunflower | Date: Feb 25th, 2007 9:07 PM
I agree with lzzi. 

Name: bjl07 | Date: Mar 7th, 2007 4:24 PM
It sounds like your gut is telling you to keep the child. It seems like one of the sad consequences of legalized abortion is that it has given the fathers permission to put pressure on the woman to have an abortion, and has given them freedom not to be responsible for the baby. I definitely wouldn't let him pressure you into the abortion. Your experience after having had one is the same as friends of mine who had one. Depression and regret. I really do believe it doesn't have to mean the end of your life or plans, just a different course. Have you ever heard of a pregnancy resource center or pregnancy care center in your area? These are places that can provide not only materials support to you, everything from furniture to diapers, but the women there can be there for you emotionally, too. The worst is feeling like you are in it alone. Just knowing that someone is there with you along the way can help so much. Many of them provide parenting classes. They may even be able to provide you with a free ultrasound, depending on the center. There is a number you can call to find the closest center to you, it is 1-800-395-HELP, or their website is www.pregnancycenters.org. I am also here for you!
Let us know how you are. Yes, this isn't how you planned it to be, but lots of life is like that. You aren't deciding whether to be a mother, you already are.
Listen to your gut, don't ever feel pressured to get rid of the baby. There is a new human in existence now, never here before and never will be again. The heartbeat started at 21 days. Not many people realize that. Letting this child live, and even giving it up for adoption, is a decision that is life-giving. You are giving that person life. 

Name: dmt | Date: Apr 5th, 2007 2:44 PM
Hi ERIN EMAIL ME [email protected] 

Name: dmt | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 6:20 PM
My husband and I are looking to give a baby a good stable home. email me
[email protected] lol Michelle 

Name: gaiamom | Date: May 19th, 2007 3:57 AM
Hi Erin dont let him put pressure on you...he was the one who got you pregnant but its your baby thats the way i see it, its you r body and that baby is growing inside of you not him
Its your life but I do want to tell you that I have a 4 year old boy and when i got pregnant the dad wasnt even my boyfriend we just started to date 2 weeks before and he was from another country, I had the thuoght of not having the baby like for one day....and then i decided to have him..and it has been the most wonderfull gift from God,
Let me tell you There is this belief that babys choose their mothers before they encarnate, that is before that little soul chooses a body and decide to come to this earth, they chooses their mom , is not a coinsidence is not random, he or she choose you for a reason out of all the woman in the world he choose you...to be his or her mom...there has to be a reson for that , dont you want to find out...
Peace and Bless 

Name: briseis | Date: May 19th, 2007 3:28 PM
Hi Erin, I can only repeat what most of the other women here say. You must follow your own instincts. There is plenty of support out there, both financial and emotional for you to keep your baby. I'm 23, and 24-weeks-pregnant. I had mixed feelings at the beginning, but now couldn't be happier. Your boyfriend's reaction is sad, but natural. He's just scared, but should come round. Give yourself some time to think before rushing to have an abortion. But if you do decide to have one, again that is your decision and your right. It is also your right not to be manipulated into giving your baby up for adoption by people like DMT, unless you post on the Adoption Forum. Right now concentrate on whether you want a baby or not. If not, abortion is there and legal. If so, then please do join us on the 'Due Date' Forum. We'll give you plenty of advice there! :) 

Name: briseis | Date: May 19th, 2007 3:31 PM
Check out this website. :) http://www.keepyourbaby.com 

Name: JOJOWILL2 | Date: May 20th, 2007 2:13 AM
HI I PROMISE YOU WILL NEVER REGRET HAVING THIS BABY BUT YOU COULD REGRET HAVING AN ABORTION.. 

Name: Sweetheart | Date: Jun 9th, 2007 2:39 PM
Hey! My name is mandi and I am 19 yrs old. My baby daddy wants me to have an abortion before i get any further. He says he is not ready to have a kid. We arent even a couple. I am 6 weeks pregnant but i have done a lot of thinking about how am I gonna be able to do this. There is no way i want to get an abortion because i just know i wouldnt be able to live it down. I think that this child isnt just part of him but me to. I know im gonna have this child if i have to do it by myself. Its not gonna be a piece of cake but i just know it will be worth it in the long run. So I would suggest that you make sure you are fine with any decision you make because you are the one thats gonna feel like crap. Also dont think that there isnt plenty of options out there besides that one. I hope you do what makes you happy and goodluck. If you are gonna have a baby congrates!!!!! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us