Hello, guest
|
Name: momsboy
[ Original Post ]
hello im a single mother of 3.and my 9year old is a austic child.he has a mind set of a 4 year old and other problems.he keeps pooping his pants.is this normal?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: jenleewashere | Date: Dec 4th, 2006 6:42 PM
Was he potty trained before this and just started doing this or are you working on potty training. What is the behavior like before he poops his pants, Is there any triggers setting him off?? I have two autistic children, might have some suggestions for you 

Name: florida005 | Date: Oct 8th, 2007 3:59 AM
yes, unfortunately it is normal. My dear Iam 37 and have 5 kids. My fourth child is autistic and he is three and a half it was hard potty traing but you must check what time it is that he uses the bathroom, try to make it a habit of sitting him on potty everyday at the same time , also see what he likes and bribe him with it . say if you go to the potty and( use whatever he refers to the stools with) do number 2 you will get so and so. With my son we said "go to the potty and do a a then we will go buy an ice cream cone" and when he did do aa as he called it all seven of us would clap like crazy and it took us all summer but finally it worked. Also don"t treat him any different from the others. reward him and punish him when need be. Also my son was put on meds that also helped because all he did before was yell and scream and drive everyone crazy. anyway please let me know how things go My E-Mail is [email protected] Goodluck! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us