Hello, guest
|
Name: JessicaT
[ Original Post ]
Are there any active duty moms or moms-to-be that will be staying active after the baby?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: carolyn | Date: Sep 20th, 2005 9:39 PM
Well, i am not active duty but i am in the reserves and my unit just left to iraq. My fiance was in the army active duty and tells me to get out while i have the chance but i want to stay in. I am still deciding whether or not i should get out or stay in. 

Name: Yvette | Date: Nov 6th, 2005 5:51 AM
I am in the same exact postion. I am on active duty and I love it, but now with the birth of my son, I don't even know if I want to contine being apart of the armed services due to impending long separations. 

Name: Nikki | Date: Nov 29th, 2005 12:55 PM
I'm AD USAF and was looking forward to getting out to be a SAHM for my July baby. But now, the hubby is getting kicked out so I'm going to have to stay in. I am SOO bummed. Anyone else have a Mr. Mom situation like this??? 

Name: Dawn | Date: Dec 3rd, 2005 3:40 PM
Hi all
I am active duty Coast Guard and I have been in for almost 8 years my finance was also in but got last year we are 5 months pregnant I plan on staying in. I have invested 8 years in and want to retire I know it will be hard at times but I also know with all the benefits from the military this is the best option I would love to be a stay at home mom but now I get the best of both worlds and my finance and I both plan on working after I return from maternity leave. 

Name: Jodie | Date: Jan 6th, 2006 10:41 PM
I am an AO in the Navy, Just a couple of days ago I found out im 5 weeks pregnant. Im new in the navy and been with this command for six months with a recent change with the LPO. Me and my fiance didn't plan on getting married until after our 6month deployment in '07 he is now part of my command and i have no idea how to tell my command that im pregnant and have moved up the wedding to april. I need advice. I get alot of grief for other things all ready that im nervous as hell about this. 

Name: Nicole | Date: Jan 10th, 2006 6:14 AM
My husband and I are both active duty AF recruiters in Brooklyn, NY. At first, when we found out we were pregnant, we didn't think that us both being recruiters would be an issue, but now, with my due date 5 days ago and the birth of my son about to happen any time, I'm having anxiety over the situation. Because recruiters work such long hours, I'm nervous that my son will spend his first few years living in day care and being raised by strangers. It's really a scary thought .......... 

Name: Nicole | Date: Jan 10th, 2006 9:19 PM
I just had a daughter 6 months ago and I am still in the Airforce my husband was also in but he got out when his enlistment was up now he is going to school full time - sometimes I really wish I was staying home being the dependant . my husband slacks on the cooking & cleaning and complains that he is sooooooo busy with homework to do it.... So it is a little frustrating for me.. 

Name: Jennifer | Date: Feb 1st, 2006 10:30 PM
I am active duty Navy, and have almost 5 years in, my husband is a stay at home dad, well will be in April when we have our first baby. He watches two other kids now, to bring in some extra income. I love being in the military, and am grateful to have a husband that is willing to help my career, and also bring in some extra money for the family doing whatever he has to do. 

Name: Kandice | Date: Feb 10th, 2006 2:52 AM
I have a 2 year old and i am still active duty 

Name: Nikki | Date: Feb 10th, 2006 10:10 AM
Update - my husband is staying in, but I am going to go ahead and stay AD until my EOS, and hopefully I can finish my bachelor's before then and perhaps even have a teaching position in the DoD... 

Name: Kris | Date: Feb 19th, 2006 4:24 AM
I am Active Duty Air National Guard and my husband is also the same and we have a little boy almost nine months old. I am not going to lie. IT is very hard staying in the military. I want so bad to be there for my child in every way, but I also want to give him everything I didn't have growing up. You can only do what your heart tells you to do. Or else you and your child will not be happy. 

Name: Nikki | Date: Feb 21st, 2006 11:51 AM
I agree. With my husband's career being rocky, I am going to stay in for a while. Staying at home with the baby will not provide us full health coverage, among all the other military benefits. I am working on my degree now so I can get out - staying at home is what I want to do, but it's not best for the baby yet. 

Name: Renee | Date: Feb 21st, 2006 9:58 PM
Sorry to Jessica, but Jodie that really sounds familiar like someone else posted it. Give your own advice. Jessica I plan on staying in after my baby is born in sept, my husband is in also and he has 3yrs left and i have 5. I don't think it will be easy but if you work at it everything will be fine. 

Name: Nikki | Date: Apr 5th, 2006 8:50 PM
My sister is. She was just sent to Kuwait and has a 5mos old son at home. It's not easy and I wouldn't recommend it if you have the chance to stay home (or at least in the same country!) as your child. 

Name: Dr Carr | Date: May 1st, 2006 1:41 PM
Hello, I stumbled on this forum and wanted to ad my two cents. If you are on active duty and pregnant consider asking to burn a little extra leave (if you have any) after the baby is born. Click the link below to see why.

http://www.kentlandspsycho
therapy.com/New_Military_Mom.htm

hope this helps someone. Sincerely, Dr. Carr 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us