Hello, guest
|
Name: momOFthree
[ Original Post ]
I just went to see my child's doctor and in tears explained that since putting her on Concerta, her little "quirks" have gotten so bad, he said she may be Obsessive Compulsive. I'm not sure what this is - does anyone have more information? She freaks out about hair in her face (even if it's not) and it's a half hour struggle to put her socks on (they feel wierd) and shoes (they feel wierd too), and her seatbelt is always twisted (even when it's not). It's gotten so bad, I can't talk to her, look at her or touch her when she's freaking out about these things. I thought it was sugar, but her doctor said it wasn't. HELP!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: momOFthree | Date: Oct 23rd, 2006 3:35 PM
Also, he suggested putting her on Strattera. Does anyone have any info on this drug? Is switching the best option? 

Name: Layne | Date: Oct 23rd, 2006 4:01 PM
Yes my son. Strattera helps with mood. It is made up of the same drug properties as antidepressants. It helps my son on the stimulant hand over that occures with stimulant drugs. also it takes a while to get it into the system so you wont see improvement right off the bat. 

Name: Layne | Date: Oct 23rd, 2006 4:01 PM
hang over I ment. 

Name: jamberrt | Date: Oct 24th, 2006 2:11 PM
My daughter is on concerta and we just upped the dose and she developed a coughing "tic"...it would keep her up when she already is a lousy sleeper...my girlfriend's daughter is on Strattera and loves it. Although you have to build it up in their system and if you miss a dose, you start at the lowest dose and again and build up. That's as much as I know. I'm looking into that instead of refilling her Concerta. 

Name: teresa | Date: Oct 24th, 2006 2:22 PM
My daughter has been on Strattera for a little over a year now and so far no side effects. She did have some stomchaches the first two weeks but not everyday and since then no problems at all. This is a 24 hour non-stimulant medication that doesn't effect their eating or sleeping habits and I have seen great improvements in her school work. Hope this helps you some. Good luck. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us