Hello, guest
|
Name: adoptivemom
[ Original Post ]
Hi! I'm new, this is my first day and I just found this topic... I am a stay at home mom with 2 little girls, Faith, 8 mo old and Grace, 5 mo old. My husband and I are in the process of adopting them. I am from Texas and here we have Child Protective Services(CPS). We are working with an agency who is working with CPS, so basically we are adopting through them... For those of you unfamiliar with this kind of institution, it is very hard to get a baby through them because they usualy give the biological parents and/or family 6 to 18 mo to get their life back together and get the baby back, so we have been really blessed to get 2 little girls and have them both from birth(3 days old each...). The little one, Grace is for sure ours, we have already filled with the court and it's just amatter of when we can get a court date to make her officially ours. With Faith we are about 90% sure, but we have faith(in God...) that she is ours as well. It would be heart braking to loose her now. We have bonded with her and she with us and the 4 of us have a lot of fun together. Anywho... Give me a shout! I'd love to hear from you guys...
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mommyinwaiting | Date: Mar 17th, 2007 10:04 PM
Hi adoptivemom! I am an adoptive mom to, hoping to either adopt one more or find a tradtional surrogate mom. We are in California. We had an independant adoption. I am glad to hear your experience is going well, congratulations on your little girls :) 

Name: adoptivemom | Date: Mar 17th, 2007 10:46 PM
thanks
tell me, does california have something similar to our cps? also, i heard independant adoptions are very expensive. that's why we went through cps. 

Name: mommyinwaiting | Date: Mar 18th, 2007 3:01 AM
Yes we do have CPS only they just do child protection, all other services go thru foster agencies and foster adopt programs. Our independant adoption was extremely expensive, but we were matched with a birthmom in 7 weeks and our little man was born 1 week later :) If we could afford it this time we would do the independant adoption or get signed up right away with a surrogate (which is something we are looking into) and we have talked about the foster adopt program (which doesn't charge much at all) 

Name: Dcallaham | Date: Mar 18th, 2007 3:47 AM
Hi Adoptivemom,
I would love to talk to you privately. Would you mind to email me at [email protected]

Thank you,
Donna 

Name: adoptivemom | Date: Mar 19th, 2007 4:28 AM
Hello Donna
I sent you an e-mail. Sorry it took me so long, I just now red your message to me here. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us