Hello, guest
|
Name: dmt
[ Original Post ]
My husband and I are looking to adopt a baby. Does anyone know of someone that is looking for adoptive parents? I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a computer programmer. We have plenty of room in our hearts and our home. So if anyone knows of someone please give them our email address [email protected]. I would love the oppurtunity to get to know them.

Thanks,
Michelle
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: kellyjelly | Date: Jun 24th, 2007 5:02 PM
Michelle

I see your posts a lot on this board. Have you considered going through an agency? 

Name: dmt | Date: Jun 25th, 2007 2:59 PM
Sure I have considered that. Agency are quite costly. I think that money would be better spent on the child for college and so forth. I would like to do a private adoption. If it is meant to be it will happen. Thank you for your thoughts.

Love,
Michelle 

Name: CathyP | Date: Jun 25th, 2007 3:08 PM
Michelle,

Agencies will actually cost you less than a private adoption. Catholic Charities goes on a sliding scale and you do not have to be Catholic. If you do a private adoption you will still have state costs and attorneys costs. Going directly to a birth-mom unless it is someone you know you are more likely to be scammed by a birth-mom. You need an attorney to work with a birth-mom who will work in your best interests. That attorney will make sure someone is working in her interests as well. Even it is a relative adoption you will have attorney and court costs. 

Name: dmt | Date: Jun 25th, 2007 7:50 PM
don't you have to have an attorney no matter how you do it? 

Name: MurrayHousehold | Date: Jun 25th, 2007 8:38 PM
All the Catholic adoption agencies we contacted said we had to belong to a "Christian" organization. All the adoption agencies I called charged $10,000.00 - $50,000 and up. Doing a private adoption should not cost you $10,000.00 inasmuch my attorney's fees are not nearly that costly. You are so right, THAT money can be spent on your child. It is sickening to charge so much for a life. 

Name: MurrayHousehold | Date: Jun 25th, 2007 8:40 PM
P.S. Even doing a private adoption, a home study must be conducted. However, your attornet can arrange that through his office and the courts. 

Name: dmt | Date: Jun 25th, 2007 10:11 PM
Thanks, that is what I thought. That is why I prefer to do a private adoption. Just simply I think that money would be better spent on college, clothing or a nice playset for the children. There are so many things better things that money can be spent on instead of handing it over to an agency. 

Name: dmt | Date: Jun 30th, 2007 8:30 PM
xoxoxo 

Name: kellyjelly | Date: Jul 3rd, 2007 12:14 AM
well, good luck ! 

Name: dmt | Date: Jul 3rd, 2007 3:33 PM
Thanks Kellyjelly I need the luck. Are you looking to adopt to. If you are good luck as well.

Michelle 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us