Hello, guest
|
Name: m0mi18
[ Original Post ]
Someone told me that people are actually willing to pay large sums of money ex. $100,000 to adopt a newborn baby without having to wait on a list. Is it true?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: pwdrblu | Date: Aug 13th, 2006 10:55 PM
m0mi18,

It is ILLEGAL to buy / sell a child. Any honest person that is seeking to adopt a child would NOT buy a child. If you are pregnant, you may want to consider that before even looking at someone giving you money. There are people out there that WILL pay, but, they are not people that you would want to have your child.
As far as what can be paid legally, depending on your state, you may be able to receive payment for medical expenses not paid from your insurance, living expenses, maternity clothing, and counseling..

Best wishes to you,

Paula 

Name: Joce | Date: Aug 14th, 2006 12:34 AM
I do not know any of those people. Each state has laws on what expenses can and can not be paid for the birthparent. Some states allow medicals and some allow living expenses. However, all expenses have to be recorded and included in the adoption records for your state.
I agree with Paula, it is illegal to pay $100,000 for a newborn. I would be very concerned about the person willing to pay that amount of money.
Jody 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 14th, 2006 1:39 AM
Seeing as Momi18 says she is pregnant, why do you think she is asking? 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 14th, 2006 2:07 AM
JULIEDUNESNET - why all the negativity??!!! The sarcasm is dripping...

Have you ever considered that no matter if this (or any) girl isn't real or here for the right reason, your posts stay here forever and what will happen when a 'real' bmommy with her heart in the right place, *does* come along and reads through all the posts that hopeful adoptive parents have written! Do you think she will choose someone who has treated others, (no matter if they were real or not) with such unkindness and disrespect??

Could you not be soo *immediately* negative right away?! You have been called on this already by a professional and had to take back your words because you were posting very extensively against a perfectly legitimate person! 

Name: Deanna | Date: Aug 14th, 2006 10:54 PM
I don't think someone would pay that much. But I do know some people do help on the side just to get a baby. It is illegal but people do it all the same. 

Name: babygirl456 | Date: Aug 15th, 2006 7:10 AM
You sound like a real witch ,yes there are girls who will scam Amoms but there are other girls that are giving there flesh and blood away forever and some one else is going to hold them and kiss them and be called Mom and some of the Bmoms get scamed to by the way like the Aparents promise things like open Adoption and then close without notice we are just as scared as you are Im A Bmom to two girls and I excpected my medical ,clothes ,and they paid for me to take off work for a week with the first and I had some problems with the second at the end and they didn't want me to work so they paid me as much as would get if I worked . She just asked a question ,I am not planning on being a Bmom again but I want to know also .In my state its $5000 just to pay the Dr for delivery this is not including the stay and the 9 months of Dr visits .Its excpensive to be pregnant alot of Bmoms are doing an adoption plan because they cant afford to have a child and want that child t have a better life then they can give .So alot of Bmom need help with that and Aparents need help making aperson ,caring it in there body for 9 months and then handing them over 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 15th, 2006 5:28 PM
Babygirl456,

Who are you speaking too? Who is it you are saying sounds like a witch?

Just wanted to clarify who you were talking about so if it was me, I could make amends.

Warm regards 

Name: tamara anderson | Date: Aug 15th, 2006 6:02 PM
I am in Texas and adoption laws here are hard and strict. Most attorneys or agencies will make sure their PBMs get on medicaid first thing to help with doctors visits and vitamin, etc. You can pay expenses, ( housing, food and misc. clothing expenses) but there is a limit in all states. Some are lower than others.
If you have an attorney that tells you he can find you a baby for 100K don't walk but run!!!! the other way. It is illegal and 2 weeks later or 2 years later they may show up on your doorstep with proof that baby was kidnapped or worse.
ask questions get information.
Good Luck to all 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 15th, 2006 10:42 PM
Flowergirl, I hate to state the obvious, but aren't you doing exactly what you are accusing me of? Negativity and some outright nastiness? I understand your concerns however if someone who states that they are pregnant and wanting to have their baby adopted out, starts posting questions about the likelihood of getting $100,000 for that baby...well in my mind, that constitutes baby selling and greed. 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 12:58 AM
Juliedunesnet,

I totally agree with you, and everyone else, that getting or giving a baby for any amount of money, *especially* in amounts like $100,000 is very wrong and should be called just what you called it, baby selling and greed!!

What I don't agree with is that I am doing just what I you say I am accusing *you* of! I was in no way being 'negative' or 'outright nasty' to anyone! Least of all, mOmi18! I was only speaking to you, because in truth, just because this girl asked a question about something she had heard, does *not* mean she is *looking* for someone who will do that for her!! She is 18 and probably had no idea if this was true, untrue or something that truly happened! She only asked a question, and unless I cannot read, I read that she was asking if it was true that people did pay large sums of money for a baby. She never says, "Are any of you adoptive parents willing to pay money for my baby?" nor did she ask, "How much will each of you pay to have my baby so you don't have to wait on a list?"

If she did ask any of these questions, I missed them and if I treated her with anything less than respect and kindness, I apologize and please show me my error. I would never knowingly treat a girl, stating she is a bmom, with anything less than kindness and respect. I did get a little 'grouchy' with you, Juliedunesnet, as you just seem to be everywhere posting negative comments about anyone you think doesn't sound quite like you think they should, to be legitimate. You were on another board calling a perfectly legitimate adoptive mom, Janet Posey, with no proof, I might add, and it was *not* Janet Posey!

And if I did say anything less than respectful to mOmi18, Juliedunesnet, please let me know. 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 2:12 AM
Flowergirl, you should practice what you preach and that is no Negativity to anyone. Yes you are right I was wrong on another board and thank you for broadcasting that all over the net to give Janet Posey an advantage...that is very helpful in our efforts to get that serial scammer stopped..NOT! I can tell you though that I have never been wrong before and do believe in doing something to clean up both the adoption and surrogacy communities so that innocent people are not taken advantage of. If you don't like what I post...ignore me. 

Name: Me | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 4:33 AM
Juliedunesnet , Thank you for watching all of our backs. I know this Janet Posey gal is one sly cookie or so it seems. She has made up so many different names that is has got to be very hard for people to keep up with. I know she has been and is still on this forum under different names. Anyone that knows her can pick her out pretty easily. The sad thing is now she is pretending to be others. The paper trail is extremely long on her and getting longer.

Don't let too much of the negative get to you from these posters. They have not had to deal with Janet Posey and once they do, they will surely understand. Keep up the good works lady! I for one appreciate it. 

Name: Me | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 4:38 AM
Nicole (m0mi18)

is this you?

http://www.nicoletaylordesign.com/ 

Name: babygirl456 | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 10:05 AM
flower girl I gues I was just tell a couple of people because I never even realized that adoption was around because I have never known anyone adopted or a Bmom till I became one and its just seems like evryone that thinks about Bmoms they think negitive like we are all out for money and we are these crazy horrible people but I do think that they are so crazy bit3hes out there that would use they precious baby for money but they are a lot of Bmoms that are such beautiful people and that other people ,Alot of Aparent that they dont have there child anymore .I have seen ladies that this changes there whole lives and they are so hurt everyday and people never think how they feel .Like I said mOmi 18 should have wrote her question different but maby she just wanted to know for her medical bills or something . 

Name: S.M.B. | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 4:07 PM
Money talks and walks. It's really not faoir, and there are some states that have laws that allow you to pretty much "pay" for a child... but why should a child have a price tag? 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 7:44 PM
Welcome, babygirl456! I hope you can find and give encouragement and support while here on this board! I think it is wonderful that there is another birthmom here that can help give support and maybe even shed some light on many questions adoptive parents and birthparents alike, may have! Again, welcome!

To Me... I *have* dealt extensively with Janet Posey... that is how I first "met" her and how I first met Kelly, the wonderful hard working woman who has been doing so much to help put Janet Posey where she belongs. I believe that what juliedunesnet did, proclaiming over and over that a certain person was Janet Posey, who was not, is one of the few things that will put a damper on stopping this woman! With every Tom, Dick and Harry out there posting that this person, that person, this name and that name are all Janet, people start giving up with trying to keep the names even close to straight and stop trying to identify her. I don't believe that *anyone* should ever call someone a name, unless they are *certain*, with no doubts, that they know their facts. A while ago, a newcomer asked to be updated on all Janet's alias's and Janet herself answered, with all the names of people who had 'found her out' and sent in information to authorities. Now those names have all been taken and added to the Janet Name list and several of them, she has *never* been known to use! She is 'enough people' LOL, let's not make her *more* people!

Juliedunesnet, likewise... if you don't like my opinions and the fact that I 'made your error known', ignore me... I've been a longtime poster on this board and others, visiting all of them everyday. And remember, most people who visit this board, also visit the other boards and will read for themselves, without my help, that you were calling an innoncent adoptive mom, Janet Posey. Everyone makes mistakes... it happens to all of us and I wouldn't have thought another thing about it, if you hadn't immediately posted negatively toward another innocent person here! Wise people learn from their mistakes... 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 12:41 AM
Flowergirl, your posts are getting nastier and nastier and you yoursef are guilty of everything you accuse others of. You don't know who I am, as you don't know who momi18 is. Why make assumptions? You've made up your mind that I am evil and that momi18 is innocent...on what basis may I ask? Oh, I guess you too could be wrong (shock horror!) Lighten up, get off my back and do what you came here to do. Ignore me as I intend to ignore you as really, it is people like you who keep these scammers in business. I understand your wanting to believe every Birthmom on here is genuine because you have a need to believe it is true but all you are doing is creating a market for these evil people to exploit you. 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 1:04 AM
Flowergirl, at the risk of being inflammatory, I do have to point out that you too, on another board have been posting things that are wrong. Didn't you post that aparents with one child already were not as deserving as aparents still waiting to adopt their first child? 

Name: queeniequeenie22 | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 2:13 AM
I dont now. I wish I had that kind of money to adopt one. I cant. I just want another wonderful baby to hold in my arms

april 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 2:17 AM
Hi, Juliedunesnet!

I know exactly what posts you are talking about and I certainly never said anything of the sort! ;-) Sorry, wrong again! It may have sounded like I was agreeing with the person who *had* posted that very statement, but *if* you read through all the posts, you will read where I clarified that is *definitely not* what I intended to portray... I only was agreeing with her on one point... somedays it *does* get kind of tiring to hear Mother's with one, two, three or more children, (whether biological or adopted) going on and on about how pained they are that they can't have another child, how desperate they are for another baby and how very, very sad they are that they [can't concieve again], [haven't been chosen by a birthmom yet], whichever it is. I only agreed with the previous poster, in suggesting, with all kindness, that when these Moms start feeling sooo pained and sooo desperate about the babies they don't have, to try hugging the precious child that already calls them Mommy and counting their blessings. The ones of us who have never held a baby in our arms, would give anything to have just one precious little miracle to call our own and all the time 'in pain and desperation' for another child, seems such a waste of valuable time and energy that could be spent making memories with their precious children. --- I then *also stated*, that while I was suggesting that women who are already Mommies, count their blessings, I in no way meant that I too, felt that we childless ones should be chosen first or above, parents with one or ten children! I believe everyone waiting for their match, deserves the *same* chances... I love that most agencies let the birthfamilies choose the family they want for their baby. Some want their baby to be a first child, some want their child to be welcomed by a excited big brother or sister, some what their child to be in a big family! I think it is great that they have those options and that *all* families have the same chance at being chosen!

I'm sorry if you thought that's what I was saying, but it clearly states in my posts, that I do *not* feel that way at all! ;-) 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 2:27 AM
Juliedunesnet...

I missed reading one of your posts until after I had already posted... Sorry about that! But, you state that I have decided you are evil and that mOmi18 is innocent... I just wanted to clarify with you that I do *not* think you are evil in any way and I don't *think* anything in particular about mOmi18. I just didn't like how you immediately concluded she was a scammer out for money because of a simple question. I'm sorry if I came across as being 'ugly' or 'nasty' or whatever other horrid names you have called me, as I certainly didn't mean to. I would like to be your friend, as I know that you're just stating things the way you see them also. And if I have spoken wrongly toward or about anyone that you know of, you are more than welcome to call my attention to it! I'm sure I have stepped on a few toes as I post often and I know I don't always see eye to eye with everyone else! Warm regards, L

P.S. By the way, you are welcome to email or IM me at [email protected] if you'd like! Maybe we can help each other understand each other's thoughts and work through our differences! ;-) 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 3:18 AM
Flowergirl, you are very gracious and I agree that we can probably learn something from one another. I will take you up on your offer to contact you privately as I'm sure we've provided enough entertainment on the boards! lol 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 3:35 AM
Juliedunesnet,

:-) I heartily agree... We have provided lots of entertainment for all 'soap opera' lovers!! (with less pay, I might add!) Anyway, I will look forward to chatting privately with you! I work full time, so I am usually online in the evenings... Talk to you soon! ~ L 

Name: juliedunesnet | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 3:53 AM
Why Flowergirl (Julie pouts and flings big big hair back like Marlena on Days) aren't you my brothers, uncles, next door neighbours illegitimate child? (Julie pouts again and frowns whilst looking pointedly at the camera and gives hair one more swish). 

Name: Flowergirl | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 4:33 AM
(and the recorded laughter cackles hysterically)

LOL - LOL - LOL

- "Don't miss tommorow's episode at 10-9 central!! *Is* Flowergirl the brother, uncles, neighbor's illegitimate child?????!!!! Find out, tomorrow, on an all new episode of.... DUNESFLOWER!!!!" (and the recorded crowd groans)

Goodnight, all! 

Name: codyjody | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 5:57 AM
WOW, cant wait till the Friday cliff hanger!.......Good job girls! And yes, I am a soap lover! 

Name: ajrl223 | Date: Aug 17th, 2006 6:29 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm I read the whole thread too.. Even though I did read it the first day back on the 13th and felt like I wasnt going to even answer this question. So as of now you all have my attention too. What will tomorrows drama be???

Lets see.. Dan comes home to find his wife outside in the pool with???? hmmmmmmmmm NEXT

AJ 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us