Hello, guest
|
Name: crystalno
[ Original Post ]
hi ladies....i just wanted to give you guys a headsup.....i just received an email from "paypal" that there had been some recent activity on my acct that they thought was unusual. i remember having read something about scams before concerning paypal, and since i had just used it yesterday for something i bought off ebay, i thought the email was werid, and decided not to click the link. i then googled "paypal scams," and sure enough, the exact link i was emailed was used in another email from paypal to users explaining a computer problem of some sort. SO, if any of you receive an email from paypal, PLEASE be careful, and whatever you do, DO NOT click the link. i opened up paypal from a new web page, and i was able to log in fine and check my account. according to the email i received from the paypal scammers, it said i would have limited access until the problem was resolved. i am thankful that i recognized the potential problem, (especially since my husband would have opened it up w/o thinking). they steal all your bank info, credit card info, etc. so, just a warning. this is the link they sent....

https://www.paypal.c
om/cgi-bin/webscr/?cmd=_login-ru
n

PLEASE BE CAREFUL! have a wonderful day and God bless you all and keep you safe as you "surf the net......"
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Lisa Burch | Date: Jun 2nd, 2006 1:31 PM
I get those emails 2 or 3 times a day from ebay/paypal...since I don't have accounts with either of them I know it is a scam. I also get emails from different countries saying I have won the lottery...I am probably a billionaire by now! : ) 

Name: crystalno | Date: Jun 2nd, 2006 1:39 PM
lol. 

Name: S.M.B. | Date: Jun 2nd, 2006 2:20 PM
It happened to me twice, I was going to copy and paste the actual message here, but it wont allow me to copy, strange. It happened a few months ago, then last week, saying I had a charge go through paypal for $300+ I don't even have a paypal account set up anymore.... it's not legit transactions, but maybe a scam of some kind????? Not sure but if anyone knows more, please share! 

Name: aava | Date: Jun 2nd, 2006 8:02 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone I get them often also. It's called phising. They think your so dumb you'll click the link and then fill out your info and away they gooooo a shopping with your account! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us