Hello, guest
|
Name: newbie
[ Original Post ]
Hi Everyone, As you can tell, new and confused. My husband and I are at the beginning. We are looking to adopt a little girl from China. After much searching, we had it down to two agencies that I think have good reviews. Then today I was discussing our decision with a family who completed one adoption and started another, I was informed the wait for China keeps increasing. Some say it will only get longer while others say the restrictions should bring it back down to reasonable. Some say we should abandon our original plan and look to Taiwan or South Korea. Then we would have to look to new agencies because our first two were China only- Any suggestions? We really want to start the ball rolling especially since regardless of country none are overnight. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: wonteverbackdown | Date: May 22nd, 2007 9:28 AM
well there is an agency in Omaha Nebraska that has thier own orphanage in China email me and I will get you the workers info

[email protected] 

Name: tattudemom | Date: May 22nd, 2007 1:13 PM
You can google international adoption and get several agencies that go through many countries, not just a couple. Email them and get their info packets with fees, wait times, etc and decide from there which ones sound promising for your circumstances. You can narrow it down depending on what they say. It is a long and costly process to go international no matter which agency you choose, but domestic adoption is hardly any better. I hope all works out well for you. 

Name: Lynne Banks | Date: May 22nd, 2007 2:52 PM
Go to http://travel.state.gov/family/
adoption/adoption_485.html
Kee
p
abreast of all new news.
China has slowed down as have other countries.
Blessings to you on your journey. 

Name: Lynne Banks | Date: May 22nd, 2007 2:56 PM
Also, agency's now need to be acceditated (sp) so make sure you are working with a proper agency and not paying double fees. Some agency's will state they do china adoptions, russian adoptions etc....but, they piggy back off an agency that is recognized by the Hague. 

Name: newbie | Date: May 22nd, 2007 3:23 PM
Has anyone heard anything negative about any of the countries in terms of the adoption process? Is any one China, Korea or Taiwan better than the other in terms of process, wait times, difficulties? 

Name: newbie | Date: May 22nd, 2007 3:25 PM
Are we allowed to mention names of agencies on this site, because I could let you know which ones I was looking into, but some forums won't let you. 

Name: tattudemom | Date: May 22nd, 2007 4:59 PM
I said unmoderated. I guess it is moderated since you can "poor taste" someone's post and they'll kick someone off for cursing and things like that.

However, they don't moderate in the sense that they constantly worry about the content of the posts, subjects, opinions, etc. 

Name: erica1 | Date: May 23rd, 2007 4:40 AM
Find another board that is safer, look for moderated forums and really most are moderated...just not this one. Unfortunately you ran across one that is not moderated, has lots of scams and not many on here deal with international adoptions. You seems very smart and keep believing in yourself. Learn all you can!!!!!!!! 

Name: newbie | Date: May 23rd, 2007 6:18 AM
Thanks, Erica 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us