Hello, guest
|
Name: nicolehearts
[ Original Post ]
has anyone noticed that the same adoptive familys post on every thread saying they would be interested?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: ohiorosejanelleres | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 5:58 PM
Yes, it is called networking :)
The more you put your info out there...a greater possibility for a match.
Good luck,
Janelle 

Name: nicolehearts | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:05 PM
shouldnt they just wait for a reponse etc? 

Name: nicolehearts | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:06 PM
what flabergasts me the most is how can someone be interested in all situations? 

Name: Jessica Sue | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:16 PM
Why would that surprise you ?

Most of us want ANY baby to love ! 

Name: marye | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:19 PM
I'll second that!! 

Name: Pattyjb | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:23 PM
I will THIRD THAT!!! lololol 

Name: nicolehearts | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:34 PM
it surprises me because all these adoptive families cant fit the needs and wants of what the birthfamilys wants in the family. 

Name: 2poms4us | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:38 PM
Nicole,
You have an interesting point- however as potential birthparents most of us are just interested in meeting a poetnetial birthfamily and then we can all decide if the situation is right for all parties. It is hard on the internet to go into too much detail and get to know all situations through a couple of threads. So for most of us it is the networking that helps us to meet potential matches. People don't post to all situations because they don't care and are being greedy- we post so we can learn more about a birthfamily - and we do not always get a respone to our post. Birthmothers get a ton of responses and really don't have the time to write each family-understandably, they have lives outside of this forum.
Hope this helps explain,
Karen 

Name: nicolehearts | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:40 PM
I posted exactly what I want in a family and some of the families dont even meet my needs and wants in a family and that makes me leary. It makes me leary when people post to every situation and espeacially when the birthfamily spells it out. 

Name: Carolyn | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:43 PM
Nicole,

Alot of people on here I am afraid don't read through, and just start typing when they see a BM.

Good luck. 

Name: nicolehearts | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:46 PM
that could be and i thought of that too and if its true than its pretty rude to do so without reading first. 

Name: 2poms4us | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:51 PM
Hey Nicole,

I am sure that it is not intentional. Most people on this website are very kind and just trying to network. Also quite often in the initial thread there is not a lot of info - just the basics - and further down in between a ton of posts from other AP's is more info on what a potential birthmother is looking for and sometimes it gets overlooked- human error. However I do agree with you on some of these old posts- people continue to post on threads that are several months old /baby is already born or where the birthmother posts that she has found a family or is going to parent. Some of these are just common sense- just read the first line and get a date before posting.
Take care,
Karen 

Name: nicolehearts | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 6:53 PM
I SPELLED OUT WHAT I WANTED AND STILL PEOPLE POSTED AND THEY ALSO ASKED ME OTHER THINGS LIKE WOULD IT BE A PROBLEM IF WE LIVED IN NJ OR WHATEVER 

Name: bbaby2006 | Date: Sep 9th, 2006 9:16 PM
I think maybe people are thinking that if they meet all of your criteria, but one, maybe that one won't be so important down the road. It is great that you have been so specific though. And people shoul have listened. I did!
Good luck! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us