Hello, guest
|
Name: MERLIN
[ Original Post ]
I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD SON THAT WILL BE THREE IN JAN WHO IS AUTISIC. I CANT FIND ANYTHING FOR HIM AS FAR AS TOYS GO HE WANTS TO PLAY WITH THE POTS AND PANS AND VACUUM CLEANER ECT INSTEAD CHRISTMAS IS COMING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD GET HIM AS HE HAS NO REAL INTEREST IN ANYTHING
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Fran | Date: Nov 22nd, 2006 4:26 PM
Hi Merlin, How about getting him a play kitchen set. That is what I am getting my sons (one typical 2yr old and 4yr old PDD child). Kitchen sets don't have to be just for girls....it teaches imagination and creativitiy along with some basic life skills. I have enjoyed watching my PDD son play at preschool with their kitchen set and seeing his imagination blossom. He pretends that he is making popcorn or baking something in the oven. Other boys also play with it at his preschool. If your son likes pots and pans then he would probably like the kitchen set. Get one with lots of doors and a microwave and oven! Also play with him lots and have pretend baking sessions or make up real cookies and let him put them in the play oven and set a real timer. When it goes off, time to frost and decorate them. Take his fixations and turn them into life teaching lessons! That's what I do. My son also likes the vacuum cleaner, let him push it around or get him a toy one and teach him how to use it and what it is for. Expand that and teach him how to use a broom in the kitchen and sweep floors. Besides all that, you can get stackable cups and puzzles....anything that challenges the brain. And just keep working with him. If he doesn't show interest in it one day, put it away and try a few days later. Good luck and Happy Holidays. 

Name: sylvia0366 | Date: Nov 23rd, 2006 3:27 AM
Hi Merlin,

I have 3 kids with autism, ages 12, 9 and 7, My 9yr old is very difficult to find toys for him, so what I did was take him to the toy store and whatever toy he got and would not let go, I bought for him and then wrapped it for Christmas. Other toys that might help would be the talking dogs,penguins, they have some cars from the disney movie Cars that talk, their eyes move, maybe this will get his attention away from the pots , pans and vacuum?? try the "little tykes" drum set, but it might be noisy. I hope I have helped a little, good luck and let me know how it goes!!

Sylvia
[email protected] 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us