Hello, guest
|
Name: Mamacarolyn89
[ Original Post ]
I have a 26 month old son. His speech therapist in ID *before we moved to FL* said he could have a mild form of Autism but he needed to be evaluated by an OT as well, which we are going to do. But I wanted to ask opinions here as well.

He is a very picky eater, if he doesnt like a certain food, he will scratch his tongue

He bites(HARD) even when not frustrated and blows random raspberries.

Just now started having a limited vocabulary that consists of "hi" "oggy" (for doggy), "ow" and "wow" He only says HI to the animals and repeats it over and over as well as repeating kisses

He throws violent temper tantrums and sometimes he repeats his sign language for MORE.

Wanders without purpose

Has seizures

Over active

Licks random object and puts random objects in his mouth

clumsy

Doesn't respond to his name alot of the time

Poor eye contact

Stares at "nothing"

likes parts of things like spinning wheels

enjoys stacking cans when he has them

enjoys spinning around

hand flaps in front of his face (mostly when he doesnt want something)

over response to pain

purposely hurts himself

Doesn't quite understand when he is hurting someone

so any advice would be great!!! thanks
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Edwardliu | Date: Aug 2nd, 2011 11:47 AM
I think your son has autism. Check the autism checklist.
My son got the autism title when he is 26 months old. So he got most of the behavior you mention. Only he is not over response to the pain and he is not hurt himself. It is good to find the problem when he is young. Also it is very hard for parent to destroy the dream to think he is just delay. I suggest you to go to TACA (talk about cure autism) web site. To learn and do a lot of things for your son. Life is very hard and I hope your son can recover.

Emily
Calm down and be brave. 

Name: Mamacarolyn89 | Date: Aug 2nd, 2011 2:08 PM
Thanks for your reply. also I didnt add we tried to get James to lie down on the living room floor with a sleeping bag one night and also a big pillow from the couch. When we sat the pillow down on the floor he started trying to move it and crying and had a serious melt down and did his MORE sign repeatedly. Well tonight, we tried it again....he did the same thing including the repeated MORE hand sign. My mom suggested maybe putting the big pillow BACK where it belongs and what do you know? James stopped crying!!! So, I guess he wanted it where it is SUPPOSED to be. He does the same thing if I bring my blanket out to the couch from my bedroom and I couldnt figure it out til now! 

Name: wendy138 | Date: Aug 3rd, 2011 12:05 AM
It does sound like autism. I have a 4 year old autistic grandson who is non-verbal but is in a autism pre school. He changes his quirky behaviors a lot but one thing that has always worked to calm him down is to lay him down and push on him with a pillow on different areas of his body. We call it "squishys" and we name each area as we push on him. His therapist taught us that and it seems to reset his mind. He likes it and it calms him 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us