Hello, guest
|
Name: tanya despy
[ Original Post ]
i might be pregnant...and i just got my brests pierced...is it true that you can brestfeed if u get them pierced?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Melissa | Date: Nov 28th, 2006 11:05 PM
It all depends, some women can and some can't. it depends on whether any of your milk ducts got "cut". it is one of those things where you will just have to try it and see. good luck 

Name: bmes | Date: Nov 29th, 2006 12:52 AM
First....I think the milk ducts are much higher...they're aren't on your nipple....secondly you can go to this website to read all about nipple piercing and breastfeeding:
www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb
/LV/LVJunJul99p64.html

basically
it says that they have no evidence to show that nipple piercing has any affect on being able to breastfeed. I think it just says to take it out while actually feeding the baby to avoid choking. One thing it did say though, is that Frequent re-piercings can cause damage to the nipple which could preclude breastfeeding. Of course there are other problems like infections and allergic reactions and so on.... Anyways, you can read it for yourself if you like. Hope this helps!! 

Name: babygirlsmom1005 | Date: Dec 6th, 2006 5:36 AM
I had mine peirced and able to breastfeed, same with my sister. Talk with your OB about it, more than likely, there shouldn't be any problem. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us