Hello, guest
|
Name: upsetmom24
[ Original Post ]
I know that my situation dose not fit but i need help, i have a child who is 3 year and 9 mon, and is being raised by a man who is not her biological father. her bio father abandoned us when she was a year and three mon and then i met a new man who is now my feance and treats my daughter like his own and she calls him daddy. she also has some problems, she has adhd, she has speach problems, she is developmentaly delayed by 1 year 6 mon, and hasabandonment issuse. I am in need of advice becuse her bio father now wants to re-enter into her life he lives in montana and we live in utah please help
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: jillw | Date: Jan 17th, 2007 9:51 PM
I am huge on being honest. does you daughter know that new new guy is not her bio dad? If not then that is the first thing that you should let her know. Kids are cool with things that have always been normal to them. If she knows that she has a daddy(the new guy) and a bio father that she does not see she will be way better adjusted and it will be no big deal. If you clue her in on that info when she is a teen or "when she can understand" she will be devastated and resent both of you very much. It would be like a million time worse then finding out that santa is not real. Now as for the ex I would think long and hard before I let him in. I know that he is her bip dad, but you have to weight the risk. First I would find out what type of man he has become. Is he the type of person that you would want to expose your child to? If you decide that he is a decent enough guy then I would let him see her, a few times with out saying this is you bio dad. Just this is Jim (or what ever his name is) see how he is with her and if he keeps coming around. If it is decided that he is going to keep being a part of her life and be a parent then that is when you tell her. Jim is your bio dad and go from there. If he turns out to be a looser then don't even bother letting him in her life and get is paternal rights terminated so that he has to legal recourse. 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jan 18th, 2007 2:18 PM
Well,he could very well get visitation rights since he is her biological father. Be cause he is in another state though and depending on how serious he is about it,I would tell him that since he walked out you will NOT be inconvenienced in any way for him to see her. Is he paying child support? If not,tell him first thing's first,let's get that going. Then if he has no problem paying the support then tell him he would need to move to your state. Tell him only if he is willing to do and does these things,(support and moving),will you then talk seriously about visitation. 

Name: JESSE | Date: Jan 22nd, 2007 5:38 AM
Maybe you should speak to a child psycologist on how to handle the situation. As her father, he does have a right to see her, but especially since she has abandonment issues, you don't want to but her in a position that she feels threatened. Does he want to see her on a regular basis? How far does he live from you time wise? Does he want to bring her to his home? Is he willing to have supervisedd visits with her? Please let us know what you decided to do. I hope all works out well for everyone. 

Name: maryjane4175 | Date: Jan 29th, 2007 6:39 PM
I say if he wants to be in your daughters life than he needs to take it slow and go at it only on your and your husbands turms. He needs go to where you are and meet you at a public place like the park or McDonalds at first then over time when you and your husband trust him then let him keep her over night in a motel without leveing your home town for a while until you and your husband know you can trust him, and then move on from their. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us