Hello, guest
|
Name: Monique
[ Original Post ]
I am 17 and my boyfriend is 20, we were having sex before we got together. I want a baby and he keeps changing his mind, what should do? I have tried at least 2 different types of birth control, since we have been together. We only used protection until the third time, the second time he pulled out. Having sex for 10 months and still not pregnant, could there be something wrong. For the past couple of days have been having splitting pains in my sides, had sex a few days ago during fertile period. Having lower back pain and nipples sore to the touch, also. Could if finally have happened? If not are there anyways to improve my chances?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: AnonymousAngel | Date: Apr 26th, 2006 6:15 AM
Ok! Where to start. First off, if you had sex "a few days ago" regardless of wether it was a fertile time or not. The sperm that has made contact with your egg would not yet have inplanted itself in your uterus. So you would not be technically pregnant, therefor not be having pregnancy symptoms. I do believe you're hoping so much for it to happen you're body is making it's own symptoms. Although I'm not a doctor and cannot confirm that. But don't you think that the whole changing his mind thing will be a problem? Because for most men who "change their minds" they end up running anyways. You're 17, although the same age as me. I've been with the man I'm with for 4 years, and he never changes his mind. He needs to want this child. And if you want any hopes of having a good life, and for this child to have a good upbringing. You should realise when it's the right time. This however, is not a good time. He needs to be sure. Regardless of wether you are. You need to make a mature decision. A mature decision also includes your partners feelings, if you aren't mature enough to include how he feels. You aren't mature enough for a child. They're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more work then you think. You're probably thinking, "Awwwww, we can have this cute sweet little baby and he'll/she'll be soooooooo cute. We can dress him/her up in cute little outfits. Feed them their bottles and change their little diapers. We can buy a house with a white picket fence and have a cute golden retreiver. Daddy can work, mommy can bake cookies" Suzzy home make you know? It's just not like that at this age. It's a lot of work. You always have to be ready to raise this child on your own. You never know when he may leave. You also need to make money, how can you make money and raise this baby you want so bad? What about school? You need to think this through a little more thoroughly. Disscuss it with your boyfriend. See what he wants ya know? If he doesn't want a baby right now, try enjoying your time with eachother while without child. In a few years start again. Anyways, I don't think you're pregnant. But if you're still concerned. See a doctor, you can get a pregnancy test. Or guy buy a hpt. Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Name: Monique | Date: Apr 26th, 2006 3:11 PM
thanks for the advice posted this a while ago and still no period 

Name: jovan | Date: Apr 26th, 2006 4:01 PM
what's up monique? im a black 17 year old and havin twins. im gonna be straight up with you. i wanted a baby but now that im finally gonna have them, im scared to death because i dont have a suitable job and my bf works at a video game store. you dont really think about yourself but you think about how you are gonna take care of ur child. and what kind of life your child will have. i would like to tell you more. holla back 

Name: Monique to Jovan | Date: Apr 27th, 2006 2:29 PM
Hopefully your twins will turn out likes my little sisters did. We got lucky enough that they slept and ate in turns after the first few weeks. It's nice having two babies around you get to see how they develop different traits and personalities. As for me, I don't exactly remember when my last pd was, I know it was somewhere between the last week of March and the first week of April. For the past week or so, my nipples are sore to touch and having lower back and stomach pain. Noticed this morning that my breast are also swollen, so I hope that means something good. I always get stomach pain when I am about ot get my pd, but it's nomally in the same area and this definitely isn't it. Good luck on those twins. Here's a piece of advise they like being treated the same when they are young, but that stops when they start school and make their own friends. Oh and about taking care of the child my bf will be there and we have started saving money so we are prepared for the here and now, or later. 

Name: danyelle | Date: Apr 28th, 2006 1:17 AM
i am 18. i got pregnant at 17. it took a whole year of trying before it happened. you should really consider your future and what you want. your life has not even started yet... do you see yourself with this guy forever, or do you plan on taking care of the baby alone? add up the cost of diapers ect. please be careful 

Name: Brenda | Date: Apr 30th, 2006 2:38 PM
honey unless you are married you should wait.
it is a great experience but its hard to do its very stressful and takes all your time you probably like to go out and have agood time now you know have fun go to partys and have sex but once that baby comes its over and if you let your parents take care of the baby wile you play you will missw all the things that make being a mother so amazing. take your time
there is always time.. 

Name: Medical Professional | Date: Apr 30th, 2006 4:52 PM
Actually Monique...a few days is more than an enough time for an egg to meet with the sperm. It takes about 3 days for the sperm to travel to your fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg. The egg then takes about 10-14 days for the ferilized egg to implant. Once it implants, then it will start to produce a hormone that will make a pregnancy test turn positive. The pregnancy test CANNOT turn positive until implantation has occured which means that it won't turn positive until about 14 days after you have sex. Nipples being sore to the touch is caused by other hormones, not just pregnancy hormones. Most women get sensitive nipples before their period starts. Pregnancy symptoms do not usually start to show until the hormone levels get high which is about 2 weeks after you have already found out you are pregnant. I think you need to talk to your boyfriend and discuss everything about being pregnant and having a child, not just the baby part. You need to talk about money, jobs, how you will raise the child, etc. If he is changing his mind, that means he's not sure, and if he's not sure, he's not ready. Getting pregnant without including his feelings is irresponsible. Take your time. You still have your whole life ahead of you! 

Name: Mary | Date: Apr 30th, 2006 11:07 PM
I'm not trying to make you change you're mind or anything about having a baby because honestly that is you're decision. But if you read my forum I'm almost 20 and think I'm pregnant, I'm confused because I'm not even ready for a baby and you're 17 and wanting a child, which is a lot of responsibility. Please really think about what you are doing, before you make the choice of having a child. I also have to go with Jovan's advice because she does have a point. I'm not saying your boyfriend will leave you, but I wouldn't count on him just in case he does leave you. But Good Luck! 

Name: Monique to all | Date: May 1st, 2006 5:59 AM
I am fully capable of caring for a child. I may only be 17 but I knowwhat I am doing. I only asked for help not opinions on what I should do. To Jovan thanks for providing me with the help I asked for. To everyone else the only thing I want is HELP, please don't leave negative comments. Thanks. 

Name: Monique to positive readers | Date: May 1st, 2006 6:04 AM
Last period 5-11, 25 day cycle, which means should've started today(5/30/06). Still no sign of period, not even usual extremely painful cramps, just pain off and on. Also felt slight pressure in pelvic area, side, and back. 

Name: Monique to Medical Professiona | Date: May 1st, 2006 6:06 AM
Nipple soreness is not due to PMS 1st time ever having it 

Name: Medical Professional to Moniqu | Date: May 1st, 2006 5:20 PM
Try a pregnancy test today then! Did you do the math according to what I posted to see if the timing is right? I'm not trying to be negative, but I really do hope that you talk to your boyfriend because I don't want you to have to do this alone since he is changing his mind. Slight cramps that aren't as bad as menstrual cramps can be implantation of the egg. 

Name: XXX | Date: May 1st, 2006 5:22 PM
Maybe I should have a go for you. xxx 

Name: Mary | Date: May 2nd, 2006 4:16 AM
I wasn't trying to give negative comments Monique. I'm not a negative person, I'd love to give you helpful comments, but I'd also like to provide you with some reality before going through with the process. I've had a cousin who was older and got pregnant and her boyfriend left her. He still has a part in the child's life but I just want to help, not put you down. If you read what I said I said "it is your decision." But good luck with everything 

Name: Monique | Date: May 2nd, 2006 2:31 PM
I had myt period the 5-11 and my cycle is 25 days. I was suppose to get it again on the 30th but still nothing and I have some symptoms. How many days should I wait to test, my sister didn't test positive until 8 week. 

Name: Medical Professional | Date: May 2nd, 2006 8:39 PM
Test now. If it's negative, wait a few days and test again. If it is still negative and you haven't started, you should go in to your doctor. They can do blood tests that are more accurate. 

Name: Monique | Date: May 8th, 2006 2:57 PM
Finally got my period on the 3rd but it was really light, never that light. I mean it was barely reached the pad on the 3rd, then the 4-6th it was medium to heavy, now back to light again. It isn't even reaching the pad, the only time I can tell it's still there is where I urinate I pass clots. Also, it shows a bit when I wipe. Do this mean I could stiol be pregnant, never got around to testing because period came? 

Name: jovan | Date: May 9th, 2006 1:29 PM
hey monique. how are you feelin? 

Name: Monique to Jovan | Date: May 16th, 2006 2:51 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but some people are so negative. Like I said in my last post I finally got my period, but it was kind of weird. It started on the 3rd, it was light. It got heavier (medium to heavy) between the 4th through the 6th, then light again on the 8th and gone on the 9th. Normal in length since I have a 25 day cycle and bleed for 6 days, but normally it is all HEAVY. Had sex the day before and after ovulation this cycle. NOw today I feel gassy and bloated with pain on my left side, kind of stings, kind of doesn't. I'm ready to just give in the towel and stop trying, maybe it will happen later. My boyfriend will be 21 on the 15th of next month, so for now i will focus on his birthday present. Plus, I have family coming in to town. (That should give us enough time to get in a different mind set. How are you doing? When are the twins due and do you know the sex, yet? What are you going to name them? Well, I guess I better go I have some work to finish but will try to be back later. 

Name: Brittney | Date: May 22nd, 2006 7:17 PM
Hey Monique! I'm Brittney! I'm 16 and 6 months pregnant! Girl trust me you don't want a baby! Me and my boyfriend just broke up over our baby! His momma doesn't think the baby is for him! When you're pregnant, it's like your life changes! I'm not trying to ruin your chances in getting pregnant, I'm just telling you to think about what your doing before it happens! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us