Hello, guest
|
Name: briseis
[ Original Post ]
I just wanted to send you some positive words if I possibly can. I've been in the dark place you are right now. I used to look forward to the time in my life when my fiancé and I would try to conceive. I thought it would be a wonderful time in my life; instead it was Hell!! I naively thought that if I stopped taking the Pill, and had regular sex with my fiancé I'd surely fall pregnant in the first couple of months. And when I didn't, I was just as distraught as you have been, thinking that I was infertile, and that I'd never have babies. I got more determined and bought a fertility calander, charted my basal body temperature, tested my cervical discharge etc etc for a few months, and still my period would come each month. They drove me mad because I have irregular cycles, so my period wouldn't come at the same time each month. Sometimes they would be up to 9 days later than the previous month ... and it was emotionally upsetting for me. The time came when my fiancé and I weren't getting on so well, and I felt less of a woman. I mean, I was only 22, at the peak of my ferility, and I could not see why I wasn't falling pregnant. It took my losing my beloved dog, and the grief and shock that came with it to make me decide not to try for a while so that I could grieve ... And despite not charting, not trying, not even having regular sex, just over a month after I lost my dog, I was pregnant. It took me, a woman in my early twenties, with clearly no fertility issues 13 months of unprotected, regular sex to conceive. And indeed ironically it took not 'trying to conceive' to conceive!. I'm now 10-weeks pregnant. And it WILL happen to you too. I know how this might sound to you, because I've been where you are, with other mothers preaching at me to stop trying and relax, and I understand how hard it is for you. BUT it does work. Try not to make lists of what you plan on doing next month. Lighting candles etc won't get you pregnant. Not stressing, and making love every other day will. I promise you here and now. You will get pregnant just as I did. It may take longer for you as it did for me. That's just nature. In a way I'm glad I didn't fall pregnant until after my dog died, because in his last months he needed all my time and attention. Everything happens and doesn't happen for a reason. We're here for you, and I have every faith that you'll fall pregnant in 2007 if you will only relax and enjoy these months of regular sex, trips away and being able to take a trip in the car without having to bring a brown bag to be sick in (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ;)
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us