Hello, guest
|
Name: mizzescalante
[ Original Post ]
ok i am looking for another vehicle that has a lot of safety features and also a smaller payment and better on gas. i went and test drove the ford edge and i like it but dino thinks it is tooo plain for the hefty $26,000.00 price tag. i like it because its a crossover vehicle and its higher off the ground than my car. i drive a 2000 galant and dino feels like he is sitting on the road when we are in it. well the galant has been parked because dino thinks its a unsafe vehicle, so he told me to start driving his truck. i love his truck but i get nervous because its a big truck and it just fits in the lane on the road, i mean turn the wheel a little bit and you are out of your lane. the tires dont help either because he put 20 inch rims and the tires poke out a little because they are big tires, and the truck has a lift on it. its a 2004 ford F150 super crew lariat, and the truck is fully loaded and only has 25k miles on it. for a 04' regular miles should have been 49k so the miles on the truck are suuuuper low. if it wasnt for me driving it, it would just sit at home. i mean sometimes he dosent drive it for a couple of weeks he has to just start it to make sure the oil can circulate and the engine can run. well i have been asking him if we could like trade it in for this ford edge and he is like wwwwhhhhhaaaattttt, I thought you were going to trade in your car because its payed off. reason he freaks is because before we got together he had a boat and he loved that boat and it was only 1 year old. nice boat but he never went fishing to get the full use out of the $300.00 payment he was making on it a month excluding the insurance. he sold the boat to save the money because we were having a baby. i felt horrible and now i feel horrible asking him to trade in his truck that he put alot of money into and had before us. he told me that he has given up his boat already and he wants to keep the truck that he worked hard for that truck and thats his baby. well i start telling him that the truck sits in the driveway for weeks and we never drive it unless we are going out to eat or to a special event. i told him you pay $600.00+ on that truck for it to just sit in the driveway i also told him that the truck only gets 11.2 mpg because of the tires. well he started to think about it and he said that i am right, but he dosnt want to get rid of it because he feels like he is getting rid of everything he has and i am not giving up anything, hummm i told him i am not the one that had a huge car payment and a boat payment and fact of it all you never use either so its like a waste of money. i told him we could trade it in for something we will use and gets better mpg. he finally agreed but now i feel horrible because i feel like i have taken everything from him that he has worked so hard for but honestly he only drives the truck 2 times a month.

well we go to ford and test drive the ford edge and go and talk to the salesman. dino told him that he feels that he should walk out the door with that vehicle at $23,900 including TTL. i walked off to look at another car and i herd him say "i dont even like the ford edge but my wife dose" i just felt horrible for making him do this because he loves his truck but i think in the long run it will be better.

my question is does anyone have or know anyone that has the ford edge because if its not a good vehicle than i sure dont want dino to get rid of his truck for a POS. I would like to get some good feedback on it before I go and buy one.

OR

Should I just keep driving dino’s truck and suffer on gas and payment? I mean we put $40 of gas in the truck and only get like a quarter of a tank of gas. The truck has a 37 gallon tank and with gas here being 2.89 its well over $100 to fill it up and that will only last us like 1 ½ weeks. When the guy put $20 in the ford edge it went to half a tank.

What would you do in my situation?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Randi | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 2:37 PM
We looked at the edge, but I didn't like how it has the huge sunroof. I would be scared to roll in it. I also think that they are really ugly. We test drove one in the summer. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 2:44 PM
Ii actually like it because of all the safety features. with my moms wreck last month where she flipped and she hit her head hard on the drivers window, the ford edge has the air bags that fall on all door windows. i hear ya about the large sunroof and dino loves it but now that you said that the one with the big sun roof is out. thanks for that input randi because we would have never thought of that. 

Name: Randi | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 3:42 PM
I would never get something with the side curtain air bags simply b/c they come down so fast. I travel with my dogs and if one of them had their head out or something like that, the air bag comes flying down and they would be gone. That was something the car dealer warned us about.
We turned down an awesome vehicle b/c it came standard with SC airbags at the dealership here. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 3:57 PM
I never really thought of that but i guess i dont travel with dogs, and i never really have the windows down either. well that might be something i need to think about also. it just seems alot safer hitting a air bag if you roll than a window. but just my opinion. 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 5:25 PM
not all the time. an airbag is like the seat belt it can help but does have risks of its own, which can lead to death. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 5:34 PM
Efficacy of Side Airbags in Reducing Driver Deaths in Driver-Side Car and SUV Collisions

Objective. To estimate the efficacy of side airbags in preventing driver deaths in passenger vehicles struck on the driver side.

Methods. Risk ratios for driver deaths per driver-side collision were computed for side airbag-equipped cars and SUVs, relative to vehicles without side airbags. Driver fatality ratios also were calculated for the same vehicles in front and rear impacts, and these were used to adjust the side crash risk ratios for differences in fatality risk unrelated to side airbags. Risk ratios were calculated separately for side airbags providing torso-only protection and side airbags with head protection; almost all head protecting airbags also had airbags protecting the torso.

Results. Car driver death risk in driver-side crashes was reduced by 37 percent for head protecting airbags and 26 percent for torso-only side airbags. Car driver death risk was reduced for older and younger drivers, males and females, and drivers of small and midsize cars, and when the striking vehicle was an SUV/pickup or a car/minivan. Death risk for drivers of SUVs was reduced by 52 percent with head protecting side airbags and by 30 percent with torso-only airbags. The effectiveness of side airbags could not be assessed for pickups and minivans due to the small number of these vehicles with airbags involved in crashes.

Conclusion. Side airbags substantially reduce the risk of car and SUV driver death in driver-side collisions. Making side airbags with head protection available to drivers and right front passengers in all passenger vehicles could reduce the number of fatalities in motor vehicle crashes in the United States by about 2,000 each year.

this is what dino pulled up on the internet and he thinks its a good idea to have them. you are right it has its own risk which can lead to death but it also can help prevent alot of head injuries if you do not die. 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 5:45 PM
or smothering, burning, -shrugs- its ur car, who cares 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 5:55 PM
well actually its kinda hard to find a suv or crossover vehicle without them now.

what kinda car do you trust? 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 5:59 PM
i trust most, i dont trust the idiots who drive them. we have a dodge 1500, a jeep cherokee laredo and a honda prelude 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 6:16 PM
honda preludes are nice, i really dont like dodges because i hear sooo many bad things about them but i really cant make a judgement on them because i dont own one to know if that is true. dino is also looking into the lincoln mkx but that vehicle is like $35 k or more. i was like yyyyeeeaaa right. i mean its not like we cant afford it i just dont want to. he said it just rated top safety vehicle by insurance institute of highway safety but i will never spend that much on a vehicle.

all in all i dont think dino is going to trade in his vehicle for anything that dosent have the safety side airbags.

oh wellie. 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 6:20 PM
i hate, dodge chrysler jeep ford. mmhmm .. i love chevy 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 6:31 PM
chevy is our next option. 

Name: vane20 | Date: Jun 14th, 2007 11:45 PM
personally, i dont like the look of the Edge...i really want to trade in my BMW for a Yukon or something smaller, like, have you seen the Muranos? that one got a 5 star rating for the side and front crash test or something like that. The thing is, all these new vehicles are really cheap, like when you slam a door, all you hear is the damn fiberglass, that's why when u crash, they get totaled. BMWs are very safe, this truck hit me a couple months ago and all i got was a little dent....it's not that new (2001 i think) but with 2 kids, i really need something bigger than a car you know?

plus brandiss, i dont know how u could drive a truck that big, hehe. They're so toscas!!! (dont ask, i dont know the translation, lol) 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us