Hello, guest
|
Name: gobluemommy
[ Original Post ]
This may be a stupid question but since flu season is rolling around...generally, do doctors recommend or prohibit pregnant women from getting flu shots?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Opheiliamath | Date: Nov 7th, 2007 5:25 PM
recommend 

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 7:34 AM
i didnt get one when i was pregnant but that was bc i dontbelieve in them. ive never had one n ive never had the flu. soooo yeh but they tell you to get one,n children 6 months n up. my son is getting one.. lol 

Name: Double_K | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 3:15 PM
I can't decide if I want to get Kaden one---I've never had the shot, nor has anyone in my family. But I thought since Kaden is such a little guy maybe he should---anyone else getting or not getting it for their babies? why/why not? 

Name: Randi | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 3:48 PM
I'm not getting them for anybody in my family. They only cover 3 strains and they just guess each year as to the ones that will be most common. I have never had the actual flu in my life so I'm not to worried about it. That, and they are the only vaccine in Canada (where I live) that still contains mercury. It's the same in the US. 

Name: Mommy2be408 | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 4:55 PM
the doctors office that i worked in recommended that i have a flu shot. Now they have the dead cultures so they're not shoting a life culture into the body. I had mine 

Name: Marti | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 6:17 PM
My pediatrician told me that the flu vacc they have at their clinic does not have mercury. 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 6:28 PM
why on earth would you get a flu shot ?? or your child for that matter ??
Yes sure the Flu makes you feel miserable for a few days.. but i mean its a part of life, you dont die from it.. The most it will do is build up your immune system, whats the point ? 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 6:29 PM
btw im not talking about pregnant woman.. thats a diff story. 

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Nov 8th, 2007 9:36 PM
children old people and pregnant women are actually at more of a risk with the flu rosey and there are tons of cases where they do get too sick and die. 

Name: AprilBaby | Date: Nov 9th, 2007 6:19 PM
I had never had one before and was not planning on getting one. That is until my close friend lost her baby last year during flu season, she was three months along. I don't want to scare anyone and I am sure this is rare but her system got stressed and she was dehydrated because she could keep anything down. I am now 17 weeks and I got one last week for the first time, no problems!! So I would say everyone should get one......but really in the end it's up to you. 

Name: breemichelle | Date: Nov 11th, 2007 11:04 PM
I don't know if I'll get one, but my husband got one because his work was giving them out for free, and my baby got one (she's 6 months) and the Dr. recommended it, so I figured why not. Since she is so young though, she had to get half the shot and then in 30 days she has to go back in for the second half. 

Name: lacirrom | Date: Nov 12th, 2007 3:17 AM
my husband has to get one at work, they actually make them. but i'm not really worried about getting one. i've never gotten one before, cole is too little to get one, and emma and gracie have never had one and have made it through the winters fine. i mean, i know that you can get dehydrated and stuff but i've had the flu plenty of times during my life and it was never a big deal. we all got it last year (me, randy, emma, and gracie) and aside from have 2 kids that weren't old enough to know to puke in the toilet (gross! to clean up !) it wasn't a big deal. 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Nov 12th, 2007 8:37 AM
if you or your baby is healthy there is no need for it. they will not die..
The drug company's love it when you people get these shots because they get a good pay out. a bloody fortune...
The flu shot dosnt even protect you from all the different flu types. it only protects you from 1 or 2 types.. and with all the flus around.. whats the chances of getting that 1 kind of flu u have been vaccinated for ?? simply a waste of time. 

Name: chicksy | Date: Nov 12th, 2007 2:52 PM
Well Rosey, if you choose not to let you or your child get the flu shot then thats YOUR decision. If we choose to let our kids have the shot then its OUR decision, let us just continue to make the drug companies richer. My son got his shot two days ago and I im quite pleased. Im sure that the majority of doctors know what they are talking about when they recommend that you let your child get the shot. 

Name: lacirrom | Date: Nov 12th, 2007 4:46 PM
see thats the other reason that i'm not worried about it....my doctor hasn't said the first thing to me about the kids or me getting one and i've been in there atleast once a week for the past 4 weeks, so i'm sure he would have said something if he felt we really needed one. i over heard him talking to a very old woman about her and her husband needing to get one though so it's not like he's against them. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us