Hello, guest
|
Name: Lola
[ Original Post ]
I know a LOT of you will be grossed out like I am about this. But I just HAVE to ask.

My sister broke up with her bf 4 months ago and admitted to me about 2 weeks ago that he had genital warts!!!

They were together a year and I can't help feeling disgusted that she had anything to do with him once she found out.

The worst part is she didn't tell me when she first found out so I could take extra precautions.

Now they're back toegether and I really don't want her down and around Mia. She's even used my shower and I know HPV is highly contagious.

Am I being too paranoid, honestly? Because I just don't want her touchin' Mia with disease everywhere...
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 3:29 PM
ive never heard of such a thing. lol sorry 

Name: Lola | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 3:36 PM
You haven't heard of genital warts?! Rofl. Maybe yer better off that way 

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 3:56 PM
no ive never heard of it being contagious through a shower lol or toilet. i know what crotch warts are lol 

Name: briseis | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 3:56 PM
The types of HPV that infect the genital area are spread primarily through genital contact. So it's unlikely that Mia could get it. Still, it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Make her wash her hands before she touches Mis every time, and she should be fine. 

Name: Lola | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 6:02 PM
I read somewhere online that it can be spread on bath towels and things.

I'd feel like I'm offendin' her asking her to wash her hands. But I know I'll have to. :/ 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 6:15 PM
If your sister hasn't seen a doctor yet to get tested she needs to asap! Just make sure she washes her hands prior to touching Mia and once she tells you her test results talk to your own doctor or Mia's pediatrician about what precautions you need to take. 

Name: lendingadvice2u | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 6:32 PM
I am not sure if it can be spreaded by a wash towel I think it has to be skin contact when she is having a break out. I am just thinking that because of the commercials I have seen on tv. Just dont let her kiss Mia on the lips because it spreads that way also. And talk to Mia's Dr about your concerns. 

Name: Lola | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 8:56 PM
Thanks guys.

I didn't think of the kissing thing. I forgot all about that. Thank you!!

I'm bringin' her to the doc's on Thurs' for her 4 month jabs so I'll ask about it then. Thanks again :) 

Name: ilovebaj | Date: Dec 10th, 2007 9:15 PM
Good luck Lola :)
its never bad to be to cautious. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us