Hello, guest
|
Name: zoey9810
[ Original Post ]
hey girls, i know im not trying to conceive, but a friend of mine is and can you guys give her any suggestions on what she should do, or thing that you all have tried? she is looking for a new job because the one she has is stressful and she is worried that if she switches jobs that they would react badly about her getting pregnant when she just started
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Meggles18 | Date: Apr 4th, 2007 8:08 PM
Its all up to her but leaving jobs and not knowing if the new one is going to be stable is no way to start off being pregnant.

Thats more stressful than any job Also companys dont have to guarantee your job for maternity leave unless you have worked for them for 1 year. so she might not have a job after she has the baby.

Just something to think about.. :) 

Name: A Mom To Be | Date: Apr 5th, 2007 6:45 AM
I would hold off the job change unless necessary. My cousin changed jobs and fell pregnant so she quit with no benefits.... that's stressful. 

Name: briseis | Date: Apr 5th, 2007 11:34 AM
That's exactly what happened to me. I switched jobs in December 06. I didn't know it but I'd conceived around Dec 12th, and I started my new job on Dec 18th. I found out I was pregnant on Jan 12th, and my doctor immediately signed me off work due to hyperemesis in pregnancy. Because I was only in my new job 4 weeks, I was given no benefits, not even from the government, which states that you have to be in your current employment 27 weeks before the government would offer maternity benefit. So I'm having to rely on my fiancé's earnings, and my own savings. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us