Hello, guest
|
Name: HJSMOONS
[ Original Post ]
Is anyone out there pregnant with twins? I am about 16-17 weeks now, I think, and I am started to get worried about all kinds of things like, thier health, and my weight gain, and I really want to know how early I can find out the sexes.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Joanne+2 | Date: Aug 2nd, 2006 8:00 PM
Hi there! I too am having twins. I am currently 14 wks 1 day and know exactly what you are going through. I am 35 yrs old and this is my first pregnancy. I believe you may be able to find out the sex as early as 18 weeks. I go for my next ultrasound on the 17th of this mo. I will be 17 wks and 2 days then. I will let you know if I find out the sexes then. I have already gotten bigger, both in the abdomin and in my bra size.lol I just now am at the 3 mo mark. I wonder just how big I'm actually going to be by the end?lol I worry about the health of the babies as well. The Dr told me at my last visit, (12 wks), about the possible problems w/twins, ie., twin to twin transfusion, iugr, vanishing twin syndrome, but he told me that everything was fine. I believe that ethically he was bound into having to tell me the worst case scenarios, but as a medical assistant, I know that I am way bigger than just a singleton pregnancy. I have only gained 1 lb since going to Dr's at 8 wks. He stated not to be overly concerned at this point. Most weight gain is done in the second trimester which is where I am now just entering. Just make sure that you are taking 2 prenatal vitamins a day, eating extra protein, and a well balanced diet. I find it way easier to eat about every 2-3 hrs and smaller meals. I have never been a big cottage cheese or yogurt fan, but it is very good for the babies. I snack on green raw vegetables and carrots. Drink at least 5-6 "bottles" of water a day. I eat lean red meat, at least once a day for the iron you get from it. I also supplement my nutrition with Boost nutrional supplement drinks. Expensive, but well rounded. It is always best to get vitamins and minerals directly from the foods we eat, but I sometimes have a hard time eating enough. Make sure you wash all fruits and vegetables well due to the insecticides and preservatives that are put on them. I like to use blender and make fruit smoothies with berries and yogurt and milk and ice. Yum. I am sorry that this has been so long, but I haven't encountered too many women who are going through the same thing I am. Feel free to write back anytime. Congratulations and I hope that it helps to know you aren't alone! Joanne 

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Aug 2nd, 2006 8:42 PM
If you're 14 weeks, then you're 1/2way through your 3rd month. I'm 20 weeks and that's 5 months along. If you go to babycenter.com it can clear up the confusion. I just thought you might feel better about the weight gain knowing that you're 3 1/2 instead of just 3 months. 16 weeks will be 4 months; that's how all the dr.'s and mother's that I know have counted it. 

Name: confused | Date: Aug 4th, 2006 10:37 PM
Hi everyone
I am 21 years old and7 weeks pregnant with twins and scared. I have been having alot of cramps that are worrying me. My doctor says it is because this is my first pregnancy and my womb has to stretch at a faster rate. Did this happen to any of you? No one seems to understand how freaked out I really am. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us