Hello, guest
|
Name: kgivot
[ Original Post ]
I was just wondering how peoples weight gain is going. I didn't gain much weight to start but over the last month I have gain about 15 lbs. I am only 28 weeks and I don't think I am going to stay under the 30 lbs mark. How bad is it to gain over 30 lbs? I feel like a blimp!!!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: jillw | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:37 PM
you dr will tell you if it is too much or too little. Were you a reg weight to start with? Lots of dr's reccomend that smaller women gain more then 30lbs. As for me at last weigh in 2 weeks ago I was at a grand total of 7.5lbs in 31 weeks. It is much much lower then what is expected, but I started off a bit over weight so my dr is not too worried about it. 

Name: kgivot | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:41 PM
The problem is I am a competitive athlete and I weigh alot to begin with from muscle and % of body fat was not high. I started at 170 lbs and now I weigh in at 195. I am tall but I feel real bad about myself right now I don't feel like a "pretty, glowing" pregnant person. 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:41 PM
I think the recommended weight gain is actually 25-35... or so my doctor says. I used the weight gain chart on verybestbaby.com. You enter your weight every month and it charts it on a graph for you so you can look for spikes... I've still got a bit to go - but here it is so far:

4 weeks - 103
8 weeks - 105
12 weeks - 107
16 weeks - 109
20 weeks - 111
24 weeks - 113
28 weeks - 121
32 weeks - 126

I'm now 34 weeks and 129... so I'm expecting to be about 132 at 36 weeks. I've read that weight gain actually stops during the last 4 weeks - but I've never heard that from anyone I know. 

Name: jillw | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:44 PM
honey I don't know anyone who really feels "the pretty pregnant glow" I think people made that up to make us regular women like us feel bad about not feeling that way. remember that your baby goes through growth spurts and you will gain a lot during that month and then maybe not so much the next. As long as you are eating fairly well don't stress about ti too much. I started out at about 175ish, but I am only 5'6". I wasn't all muscle either lol 

Name: everlight29 | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:48 PM
my dr told me to gain 35 lbs.... 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:49 PM
kgivot-
I gained 40 pounds with my son. I probably would have gained more but I had lost 28 pounds during the first trimester because I had such bad morning sickness. With my second I only gained 24 pounds but lost 8 during the first trimester due to morning sickness.

Everyone gains weight different for that specific pregnancy and their bodies. As long as your doctor is not concerned I would not worry about it. You obviously already eat right and I am sure that you are probably still exercising so the weight you are gaining is what is right for your pregnancy. 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:55 PM
I don't think it matters what you weigh or how you carry... nobody really feels "the pregnant glow" so far as I've heard. lol. (Except maybe Connie - damn her! lol).

I've literally worn make-up once in the last week... and gotten into "real clothes" for maybe 8 hours total in a week. My body may be holding up great, all things considered, but I look like crap compared to pre-pregnancy anyways. lol. I haven't even taken the time to try and find matching p.j. tops and bottoms. 

Name: kgivot | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:56 PM
Thank you everyone who has replied because I have been feeling really badly. 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Jan 31st, 2007 9:59 PM
That was me the last month of my pregnancy and that is me now that I am home. Since I have been home I probably have left my house 3 or 4 times. Otherwise I am at home in my pajama pants and t-shirt. Sometime they match sometimes they don't 

Name: sweet tomorrow | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 7:22 AM
Damn.. I wear my jammies out sometimes.. I'm just too tired to get dressed.. Is this normal!? Or am I just lazier then I thought? 

Name: sweet tomorrow | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 8:02 AM
I've gained 24 lbs and I'm 14 almost 15 weeks with twins. 

Name: HappyEndings07 | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 1:27 PM
i am 29 weeks and i have gained a total of 25 pounds

i have read that over 45 pounds would be harmful to baby unless you were advised by your dr to do so I would just imagine the extra weight will be harder to get off 

Name: Coartney | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 1:32 PM
i was told to gain 25, i am at the 28 week mark and have gained a total of almost 30 but ive lost it also, so total ive gained about 19 lbs. i vomit alot, so i dont keep weight on :( 

Name: Coartney | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 1:34 PM
i meant to say im 29 weeks, almost 30. sorry im a tad retarded on most occasions 

Name: Marti | Date: Feb 1st, 2007 6:25 PM
I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. My docs consider that I have gained 12 pounds. But I say 18. I lost six pounds in the second trimester. But to me, I gained it back so it's still weight gain :) I go back to the doc tomorrow and imagine I am now up another 5 at least. This belly is GROWING! 

Name: firsttimer | Date: Feb 2nd, 2007 2:27 AM
i am 17 weeks. so far i have gained 7 pounds, but it fluxuates. (sp) 

Name: Angelcecilia2 | Date: Feb 2nd, 2007 2:29 AM
I'm almost 30 weeks, and have gained about 30 lbs already. I'm a little concerned about this issue too -- and my doc did mention at my last appt that I'd gained quite a bit....

Problem was, it took forever for me to start gaining and I was paranoid about not gaining weight, and then it all came at once! 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Feb 2nd, 2007 6:35 AM
I gained a whopping total of 60 lbs with my daughter. I lost 20 immediately 2 days later when I weighed myself and luckily the rest has slowly been coming off with the help of breastfeeding. I've lost 52 lbs. to date. (it's been 4 months as of today) I think I'm going to have to start excersising though to lose the rest, it hasn't been coming off for a couple weeks now. 

Name: Andrea B | Date: Feb 2nd, 2007 10:39 PM
I asked the same question to this crowd 4 months or so ago. There has not been a day that I haven't questioned my weight or worried about what I'll look like after the baby comes.

I'm 33 weeks and I've gained 45 pounds (God I don't even want to WRITE that!!!) I am 5'4" and weighed 127 pre pregnancy. I don't know how it happened, but there's not much I can do about it, so I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that, yes, I've gained a lot, and yes, it will take time to lose it.

The hard/awesome part is, everyone, including my doctor, tells me I look great and pregnancy really suits me, which makes me think I'm doing just fine......then I step on the scale and my heart plummets. So it's nice to read what LindsayK wrote about gaining 60 and then losing most of it within 4 months. makes me feel a bit better.

I do know however, that I will experience post partum depression because I won't be used to seeing my body so saggy and chubby. In that case, I'll come into this chatroom for reassurance! So ladies, keep your eyes peeled for me sometime after March 21st, ready to glow about my baby and vent about everything else!:-) 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Feb 2nd, 2007 10:58 PM
I'll be right there with you on the depression front Andrea. I've never had chub in my life - and I know it's "for a good reason"... but I don't have a clue how I'll react to actually seeing myself in the mirror afterwards. I've struggled with depression on and off for years already. We can vent together. lol. I'm due about a week ahead of you. 

Name: Andrea B | Date: Feb 3rd, 2007 1:07 AM
sounds like a plan, Nicole! We'll help each other out!:-) 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 3rd, 2007 1:12 AM
with Anika I gained 60 pounds!!! yep!!! YIKES!!!

but this time, i'm 23 weeks so far and i've gained 4 pounds!!! Phew!!!! thank goodness! 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Feb 4th, 2007 6:00 AM
Andrea B - I'm glad I made you feel a bit better. Don't worry about your weight gain. I worried my entire pregnancy about gaining so much, it's a waste of time. You're lucky you started out at 127lbs pre-preggo. I was 145 (and 5'4", like you), so I freaked when I hit the 200lb mark and then topped out at 205lbs. My hubby didn't believe me! Anyway as I said I've lost most of it now and it's only been 4 months, so don't fret. Good Luck! If your breastfeeding it really helps too. I lost a couple pounds most weeks without doing anything else! 

Name: Meagan | Date: Feb 4th, 2007 6:37 AM
I didnt gain heaps of weight when i was pregnant but i did retain lots of fluid!.. I lost most of that a few days after the birth... 

Name: monique_allen | Date: Feb 6th, 2007 11:48 PM
I'm 15 weeks and so far have LOST, yes LOST 13 lbs due to morning sickness. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us