Hello, guest
|
Name: LindsayK
[ Original Post ]
My friend is expecting her second child in May. With her first, she ended up having an emergency c-section. Now with this pregnancy her doctor has said it's up to her whether to have a planned c-sec. or try and deliver vaginally. She's worried and doesn't know what she should choose. Her doctor told her it's pretty much 50/50, whether she'll be able to do it vaginally. And there's a risk of tearing and iternal bleeding with it. But she never wanted the original c-sec. and was sore for a long time afterwards. If she ops for a vaginal delivery they said that if anything goes wrong they'll do an emergency c-sec. Also, her doctor said that if she wanted lots of children she should aim for vaginal deliveries, but if she wanted to stop at 2 then go for the c-sec. What would you do? I delivered naturally, so I really don't know the pros and cons of a c-section.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Dec 5th, 2007 4:20 PM
most doctors wont do a vaginal after c section itd prob be in her best interest to do c section i know i would. 

Name: summadaiz | Date: Dec 5th, 2007 4:52 PM
It also depends on how far apart the woman is having her children.. I think if it's before two years most docs prefer C-sections ove vaginal births due to the risk of internal bleeding and/or problems with the previous c-section site. After about two years though the risk is lower or something like that... How old is her first child? 

Name: Lola | Date: Dec 5th, 2007 6:33 PM
I agree it depends how long it has been since her last section.

I think if it has been more than a year she has a pretty good chance of giving birth naturally.

I'd definitely opt for a natural birth. 

Name: LindsayK | Date: Dec 5th, 2007 8:35 PM
Her first child will be two in March. So it'll be just over two years when she has her second. 

Name: Lola | Date: Dec 5th, 2007 11:48 PM
I think she should try for a vaginal birth. The recovery would be so much better and the bonding begins as soon as the babba's born.

My baby got whisked away upstairs with my partner while they stitched me up. I missed her first two hours. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us