Hello, guest
|
Name: breemichelle
[ Original Post ]
So I'm having my second baby shower tomorrow and at my first only like one person got me anything off my registry and I just went online to look at the registry and nobody has gotten anything off of it again. I am super grateful for the stuff I've gotten and for the stuff I will get tomorrow, but what's the point of a registry if nobody is going to use it? And it's not just that, people keep calling and asking what I need and I keep telling them I NEED everything on the registry. My freaking mother in law went to the store I was registered at and kept calling asking if I needed this or needed that and I had to keep telling her, no I dont' need any of those things, I need whats on the registry, and from the sounds of it from the last call she was just going to buy some toys, what! I don't need toys damn it! I need a changing pad for the changing table, I need bottles, I need a baby moniter, UGH! I better quit being so ungrateful and just shut up, but I just don't understand it.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Coartney | Date: Mar 31st, 2007 11:47 PM
haha im sorry. 

Name: Coartney | Date: Mar 31st, 2007 11:47 PM
i didnt even have one baby shower. 

Name: Marti | Date: Mar 31st, 2007 11:50 PM
I hear you! I as lucky and most people went off the registry but some people who should know better - like my mother - just got me random crap. My mom works at a pediatric clinic and her gift to the baby was a basket filled with sample size lotions, shampoo, etc. FROM THE CLINIC. All she bought was the small basket and a PINK HAT (we don't even know the gender but she's pulling for a girl). She is not hurting for $$ and this is her grandchild and she just gave us samples from her work? Retarded!!!!! Compare that to my mother in law who got us the stroller/car seat combo we wanted, made a beautiful quilt for the baby and got us some toys off the registry....Anyhow, I hear you. I don't htink it's being ungrateful it's just THAT IS WHAT THE REGISTRY IS FOR people!!! DUHHHHH!! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Mar 31st, 2007 11:51 PM
lol marti. 

Name: breemichelle | Date: Mar 31st, 2007 11:59 PM
My parents have been awesome. They've bought us so much stuff already and painted the room and put stuff together for us. Twice my mom has bought stuff for the baby shower then she shows it to me, then goes out and buys something else so she'll have something surprise me with. My kid is defenitly going to be spoiled by my mom and dad. 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 12:48 AM
My parents won't spoil the baby but my in laws will. And if we have a boy my mother really won't spoil him. She's such a man hater. We don't care if we have a boy or girl but somedays I swear I hope it's a boy just to spite her and her damn pink hat. 

Name: breemichelle | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 12:55 AM
If it is a boy you should have him wear the pink hat when he's around your mom. =) 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 3:02 AM
ya no one used my gift registry, and thats why i ended up with 4 of the exact same bathtubs and 6 of the same robes and so onn! people are hopeless! lol 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 3:06 AM
well me and my mom just bought the crib and the mattress today, and we painted the whole room and put up the boarder!! i might add that is looks sooooooooo cute... but any ways my mom is also buying the glider/rocking chair thingy, a little table and the dresser/changing table! im so excited the whole room is coming together and she also threw me a baby shower...

now chris' mom is throwing me a baby shower as well, but i dont see alot of people coming or her contributing alot, seeing that the only store they really have is Walmart and she is tight on money! but i dont care, tyler is so spoiled as is! :) 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 3:08 AM
ohh and at my parents house they are turning the computer room into the baby play room, something that they always wanted to do but a laundry room! lol and they are moving the computers into the spare bedroom! lol Tyler has every thing right now except his daddy! 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 3:24 PM
oh your parents sound awesome. and ha ha re: the pink hat on a baby boy. my mother would probably love it. 

Name: Angelcecilia2 | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 8:32 PM
I understand that you're not trying to be ungrateful....and totally agree with what you're saying. What's the point in having a registry if people will buy what they want to anyway? I got a good variety of stuff at my showers for the most part, but the one thing that kinda bugged me was people would ask what I still needed...and I would tell them "I still need a little of everything, but if you want to get clothes, I already have a ton of 0-6 mo. stuff, so bigger would be better" And I still got tons and tons of 0-3 and 3-6 mo clothes. So my baby will be well dressed until she outgrows 6 mo! 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 8:39 PM
ya i have maybe 3 things that are over 6mos clothes, but i have all the big stuff, what i need are the little things like Diapers, wipes, Socks, Burping Cloths, Wash Cloths, all the little things i need, i only got 2 packs of diapers and the rest ive bought, i have about 8 packs now but that isn't enough lol babys go alot! lol 

Name: newmomma01 | Date: Apr 1st, 2007 10:51 PM
did you put a little note in your baby shower invitation that said you where you were registered? also, did you only register online or did you go to the store and pick out stuff to put on the list? because it seems at least when it came to my wedding shower, that people bought stuff that i had went to the store and scanned onto the list instead of the things i picked out online. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 12:48 AM
well i was registered at Target and a Site called babysupermall.com, thats where all my bedding came from! 

Name: veronim | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:04 AM
Hey quick question - Am i supposed to throw myself a babyshower? My mum and sister would not even think about one, and my Husbands family would but have never mentioned it. I am not going to throw one for myself cause it just seems a little rude. what do you think 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:09 AM
do you have a friend that will throw it for you?? 

Name: roseywosey | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:14 AM
lol ok.. i guess theres a lot about this baby shower thing i didnt even realize.. i just thought you threw a baby shower yourself.. like a birthday party.. looks like i wont be having 1 either. my bf wont think of it.. neither will my friends ( the ones i have left since im not much fun being pregnant and all ) 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:21 AM
your not really suppose to throw one your self, but if no one else was going to then i would! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:46 AM
i didnt get one. i dont care anymore lol 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:57 AM
sorry coartney................i wuv you....lol 

Name: veronim | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 2:59 AM
not really - all my really good girlfriends live o/s :-( it is ok I did not have a hen night either when I got married and my mother in law threw my bridal shower cause my stupid mum and sister never think of thinkgs like that 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 3:01 AM
why dont you hint it...or just blatantly say hey you throw me a shower...i would do it.... 

Name: rachtwins | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 3:08 AM
Were the things on your list expensive?, maybe people couldn't afford the things on the registry. Very annoying for you now you have things you didn't need. 

Name: breemichelle | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 5:09 PM
OK, so I had the shower yesterday and I got SOOOOO much stuff and feel like such a brat for complaining before. Even though almost none of it was on my registry all of it will be useful. I'm only going to take back one thing, it was a diaper changing station organizer thing, it would probably be useful but it's too bulky and doesn't fit anywhere. I still need to get the rest of my list but that's ok, I expected to have to buy it so I put some money aside. 

Name: christiansmommy | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 5:59 PM
girl, join the club! and with my last baby, i even made 3 registries to make it more convenient for people and didn't even get half of any of it. i know what you mean. seems like they are pointless!

awwww coart, we need to have an online baby shower just for you! 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 2nd, 2007 9:33 PM
OMG!!! I had the same damn problem when I was pregnant with Anika!!!! Everyone kept phoning and asking me "what do you need for the baby?" finally I decided to register. I registered at Walmart, The Bay AND Sears. I emailed everyone and phoned everyone and told them to just look at the registry. Not even ONE person used ANY registry. I thought "why the hell did you ask if you didn't want to listen??? obvioulsy you've already made up your mind what YOU think I need!!"

I don't think you're being ungrateful at all. If you don't need 20 million onsies, then you shouldn't get 20 million onsies.....I ended up with so much fricking clothes, alot of them Anika grew out of before she could even wear them. And the funny thing was was that at the shower, all the girls were like "I hope what we got you is ok....we didn't know what to get, or what you already had gotten". WELL IF YOU HAD LOOKED AT MY DAMN REGISTRY Y'ALL WOULDN'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM!!!!! LOL... wow....didn't think that was going to be such a rant!! lol...but i totally know what you mean!! very frustrating! 

Name: little momma | Date: Apr 3rd, 2007 2:57 AM
What about I had someone in my family tell me that most of my stuff on the registry was too expensive... first off, you don't tell a pregnant woman ANYTHING negative when she is in her 8th month and second, if you can't afford a 3 pack of bibs, please, just save your money and don't bother! Shew... I feel ya on this one!! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 3rd, 2007 3:55 AM
lmfao .. lets see, my parents, my step grandma, and my mil/fil and my best friend crystal are the only ones who come to mind who bought us stuff. lol . ive asked for donations for people who have had boys and they've grown out of clothes, like 3-12 months, but no luck yet lol 

Name: Double_K | Date: Apr 3rd, 2007 3:32 PM
I had the same problem--I think I got one thing off of both of my registeries (wal-mart and target)! BUT to defend these people--they really need to come up with a better way to do the registry. I mean when you print off that list it is really hard to find what is on there exactly....the words are shortened and just not detailed. Pictures would help. 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 3rd, 2007 3:41 PM
I don't seem to see people having a problem buying stuff off of a wedding registry and it's the exact same thing! I think people just see something that THEY think is just CUTE and wants to buy it instead of buying something useful. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us