Hello, guest
|
Name: achampagne
[ Original Post ]
I am 12 weeks preggers and I had my first ultra sound yesterday but I'm worried because the tech kept asking me when my last period was and who did my preggnancy test, he didn't let me look at the screen and he didn't say whether or not anything was wrong. I went down to my dr. office to ask what the heck was going on and the reseptionist just said that the tech isn't allowed to say anything, but he'll write a report to give to my doctor and she'll "be in touch".

Has anyone else had a U/S were they wouldn't tell you anything? I'm worried because my preg. symptoms have been less and less everyday for a couple weeks, no more morning sickness and I have more energy. The Dr. office said it would be a couple days before my dr would call, but there is a weekend in here too...now I'm just thinking this is going to worry me all weekend...
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: connie | Date: Jul 21st, 2006 5:49 PM
I would phone your doctors office nd demand to talk to someone, I hate when they make is wait for things. Especialy since this is your body.
I also think if someting was really wrong you would have known abot asap.
But I would try and call your doc one more time,
Take care 

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Jul 21st, 2006 11:06 PM
First off, your dr.'s office is acting very unprofessionally. They wouldn't let you see the screen. When I had my 1st u/s at 9 weeks, I got to look at the screen, and I just had a u/s Wed. to determine the sex and the tech talked to my fiance and I the whole time. If you miscarried, there would be more than likely be symptoms. I too started feeling less "pregnant" around 13 weeks not b/c I miscarried, but b/c I was entering my 2nd trimester and staring to feel better. I'm pretty sure they would have told you if you had miscarried b/c they might of had to do a D&C or something. I really don't think anything's wrong. By any chance are you on military insurance? I've heard some horror stories about how rude the dr.s and techs are. Let us know how it goes. I feel soooo bad for you:( 

Name: achampagne | Date: Jul 22nd, 2006 4:42 PM
I called yesterday afternoon and all the reseptionist would do is move my next appt to a date 7 days earlier....this is so frusturating...I think I need to find a new doctors office, but I'm new to town and I don't have any friends around here who have been pregnant to give me any suggestions... 

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Jul 22nd, 2006 4:56 PM
Where do you live? I dont have any friends here that have been pregnant either. I come here for all of my pg questions, and of course I ask my dr. When is you next appt.? How old are you? 

Name: achampagne | Date: Jul 22nd, 2006 5:05 PM
I live in Monterey, CA and I'm 22. I come here and read the posts whenever I have questions..and I turn to my baby books, but getting ahold of my doctor is a joke...my best friend has a 22 month old so she is also helpful, but everyone is different so I know better then to just take her advice, I like to get everyones opinion. 

Name: firewife | Date: Jul 22nd, 2006 11:29 PM
I am sorry you are having a rough time but try to think positive. If something was seriously wrong, like they thought you had miscarried I highly doubt they would have just let you walk out with out telling you anything. I miscarried with my first and they told me during the u/s and then a nurse came to talk to me afterward to explain what was happening. Maybe your dates are just wrong, hang in there and keep us informed 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us