Hello, guest
|
Name: mother2five
[ Original Post ]
As many of you know my Husband and I have been working on remodeling our house since we've moved in last year, and now finally YAY!!! iT'S TIME TO START IN THE KITCHEN! I'm excited because once the kitchen is done the house will really start to look renewed and pulled together with our design theme we are going with. We are either refacing or refinishing the existing cabnetry, new granite countertops, or maybe limestone....unsure anything exept wood or laminate. We are also putting in new floor, new sink and faucet, new hardware, and an awesome backsplash! Oh yeah and new lighting, and a few other details here and there. The cabnets I have now....I wouldn't say they are ugly they must have been an undesirable color at some point to someone because they painted them white......which is ok but the paint job is whack! to save ourselves some green I wanted to try to refinish our old cabnets before replacing them as it's a much more cost effective way to go. The problem is like I said they are painted...more than one coat...very thick......idealy I want to removed the old white paint and stain the cabnetry either maple or cherrywood not sure which, but if this is not possible, we will be just refacing the old cabnets with new white doors, and giving the frame a new paint job of white. My question is does anyone know a quick painless easy way to remove paint, I have googled it and came up with a few methods as well as products, but do any of you or your husbands have hands on experience with paint removal? I'd love some feedback, I am very anxious to get started on this after my kids leave for vacation, sometime next month! Also I have some backspalsh ideas in my head and I have also checked out some pics of other peoples online but do any of you know a great backspalsh design site???? Thanks in advance!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: cherry Girl | Date: May 20th, 2008 11:23 PM
I think tile as a back splash looks really cool I did not know that you guys were going to do your kitchen to. You are putting so much work into your house are you guys not looking into moving anymore? 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 21st, 2008 1:57 PM
Yes we still want to move, but in the meantime the remodel will boost the selling price, a kitchen redone properly can give you at very least a 200% return. Besides who knows when we will be able to move, we are waffling atm because I know the housing market will go back up in a year or two, and my house value will be worth more, but with that burst in house value % rates will likely also increase and they are record low atm, so you could afford more home.....make sense? Anyhow that house needs it, the kitchen is cute and cozy now, but I want GREAT! Lol 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 21st, 2008 2:11 PM
We picked our countertops last night, they are a mix of cool browns, greys, blacks, and teals, and it kinda looks like small pebbles in the countertop, very nice. as for floor we are debating still on tile or floating wood floors like applied downstairs. I like the tile backsplashes as well but I also like those tin tile backsplashes kinda, but not the whole kitchen it's to much. I want to come up with a unique design for my backspalash, unlike all the cookie cutter styles. But I swear after we finally do finish this house and move I'm never builing, or gutting and refinishing anythng, all I want to do in the next place we buy is paint, lol.....we have put so much work intot this home it's amazing the way it looks now compared to a year ago when we bought it. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: May 21st, 2008 5:03 PM
I like the Small Glass Tiles in the back splash and the tin as well, my mom just put th tin in at her house 

Name: mother2five | Date: May 21st, 2008 8:28 PM
Zoey I don't like the glass, I kinda like the tumbled marbles, or anything with the grey stone look......I want my kitchen to have a bit of a rustic look.

I can't wait till we buy again maybe the next house will be all done exact to my taste, lol 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us