Hello, guest
|
Name: NIKKIS
[ Original Post ]
i told coart about this last night but i wanted some more opinions. my ankle was swollen last night. the swelling has not gone down yet. i cant call my doc as it is good friday and they are closed. i have an appt on monday, but what should i do in the meantime. i have been elevating my feet and legs since 9pm last night.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: missmara | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 3:32 PM
Hey Nikki! Is it swollen due to an injury or do you think it's normal prego swelling? I had really bad swelling with Sophie. You could soak it in cool water, elevate it, don't stay in one position for too long, walk a lot...ummm...drink lots of water, lie on your left side when you are resting and put a pillow between your knees. Hope it gets better soon! 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 3:50 PM
yeah nikki i walked around new york city all day ysterday and my ankles and feet were swole up too.. they're a little better today..hope yours gets better...my doc appointment it today at 430 btw.... 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 4:00 PM
I have swelling in my right arm and hand only but my doc told me to drink lots of water. I also have that carpal tunnel during pregnancy in my right hand so it's nice and "asleep" all of the time. 

Name: bmes | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 4:11 PM
if you're really concerned you could go to a Walk-In Clinic.....other than that, just keep it elevated, and drink lots of water.....i know that seems weird, cause you're retaining water, but it does help!! :-) 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 4:24 PM
I work for a health care system in marketing and a doctor was just in my office about something. He asked me how I was feeling and I told him about the swelling being really the only issue and he said DRINK LOTS OF WATER like 10 times. I said I KNOW I KNOW my doc already told me. He says he knows it seems counter-intuitive to drink water to alleviate swelling but it does. He was also saying if you've been real active for a bit swelling is more likely to happen. I know after my power walk with the dogs each night (well i am 39 weeks preggers so it's not really a "power" walk) that my feet swell up until the next morning from all of the activity. So yes. Definitely water and elevation...but i agre with bmes and say goto a clinic if you are really worried about it. 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 5:33 PM
thanks girls.
mara its just regular prego swelling. i was really active yesterday. i stayed home from work today so that i could just lounge around. i am drinking lots of water. ive already had 32 ozs since i woke up at 9 so ive got that covered lol. im not overly concerned just worried because as yall know thats what we pregnant women do.
danese i hope you appt goes great, i might pop on aim for a little bit, but i probably wont be sitting at the computer for hours today. 

Name: Lola | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 9:57 PM
I'm only 22 weeks and I've had HUGE feet and ankles for the last three weeks!

It's horrible.

So bad that I can't walk. Even sitting with my feet on the floor hurts!

They're so swollen that they feel really tight like they'll split right open.

I definitely don't recommend walking!

I just didn't know the swelling would come so soon in the preg. !

Apparently swimming is really good as the pressure pushes the retained water back into your capillaries and you just simply pee it out. Lol 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 10:01 PM
My swelling started a few weeks ago when i hit 36 weeks. It was just after a lot of activity but I've been sitting at my desk most of the day and notice my feet are nice and puffy. PRETTY... 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 10:31 PM
marti yeh at about 35 weeks is when i got swollen but it lasts like a day or two and goes away .. lola perhaps the swelling is due to the protein in ur urine? your doctors sound like real idiots if youve brought this to their attention and theyve done nothing, 

Name: rachtwins | Date: Apr 6th, 2007 11:44 PM
You should always be concerned with swelling, I got severe pre clampsia. If the swelling dosn't go down when you get up each morning or you start to gain a lot of weight see your doctor don't wait. 

Name: Lola | Date: Apr 7th, 2007 10:39 AM
Well...I've have severe hypertension for the last three months.

But the started me on new pills and my bp went down this week.

I thought my feet would go down as well...but they haven't.

My doctor didn't say anything when I told him about my feet. He asked me if I'd noticed any swelling and I showed him and told him how long I'd had it and he just nodded.

I dunno.

I'm just glad my bp is down again! 

Name: rachtwins | Date: Apr 7th, 2007 11:28 AM
If your blood pressure is down thats a good sign they wont be concerned, they will monitor you. How far pg are you 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 7th, 2007 3:11 PM
yeh but she also mentioned there was protein and sometimes blood in her urine in a seperate post, BP down or not, her doctor is a twit. 

Name: Meggles18 | Date: Apr 7th, 2007 3:27 PM
I always thought swelling happened to every pregnant woman.
I was telling Nikki lastnight that my feet have been swollen for most of the week but I didnt have any protien in my urine or blood pressure problems.
I figured it was from being on my feet all day at work. 

Name: Lola | Date: Apr 7th, 2007 5:05 PM
I'm 22 weeks and a few days.

Having a blood pressure monitor attached on Wednesday. I'm not gonna like that. Lol

Also...my partner said that skinny people don't get swollen feet!

I could have killed him! o_O 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 7th, 2007 5:11 PM
i never swelled until recently at about 35-36 weeks. i swelled after traveling on planes for 24 hours straight when i was 34 weeks but they said that was from the change when flying. but i just recently swoll up and it was only my right foot lol .. so no not every woman swells up lol 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 9th, 2007 12:53 AM
Coartney -- my right hand and right foot and ankle are swollen but not the left side. Wasn't that going on with you? It goes down overnight but by mid-afternoon - poofy. At least now I have one pretty foot :) Weird. 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Apr 9th, 2007 2:01 AM
well girls i have an appt tomorrow, my regular one. and my selling hasnt gone down since thursday, in fact in my left ankle its gotten worse. my left hand is also a little swollen now. i will mention it and hopefully everything is a-ok! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 9th, 2007 3:03 AM
nikki, they're def gonna run tests for preeclampsia b.c right around now is the time it usually starts showing up for most. and marti my entire right leg and foot are completely swollen, and its weird, it was going down earlier today and then tonigth BAM poof again, it does it everyday, i cant see my knee cap, it feels like ive been standing for hours b.c of all the extra pressure, im gonna cut my damn leg off 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 9th, 2007 3:37 AM
ive only had swelling once, and that was the other day, on friday but i was on my feet not stop from 9 in the morning till 10 at night, so thats why, but mine went down ! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 9th, 2007 3:37 AM
screw u hooker 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us