Hello, guest
|
Name: Kristen
[ Original Post ]
Take a stand against promoting gang violence to children.

I just signed a petition sponsored by the National Law Enforcement Officers
Memorial Fund, urging US distributors to ban a new video game, "25 to Life",
in which the player is a gang member and encouraged to shoot police officers
and to take innocent bystanders and use them as human shields.....oh, they
can also shoot other gang members, as long as they are from a different
gang. The goal is to obtain 17,500 signatures, the same number as the
number of Officers names on the Memorial Wall in Washington, DC. If you'd
like to sign, just go to www.nleomf.com/25tolife/ . If you could pass
this on to anyone you think might be interested, it would be appreciated.

Thank You

www.nleomf.com/25tolife/
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: S. Manuszak | Date: Mar 18th, 2006 12:01 PM
I would like for that video game, "25 to Life" to be banned from the market. Anything that promotes that much violence is useless to anyone who is trying to peacefully co-exist with others in our country as well as the rest of the world. If we truly want to demonstrate, on a world wide basis, what a peaceful nation we are........then lets get that video game off of the store shelves and put it where it really belongs.....in the garbage! 

Name: lili | Date: Mar 18th, 2006 10:51 PM
You are entering dangerous territory when it comes limiting freedoms of speach and expression. Is there a reason why parents can not be more responsible consumers and do their job which is watch over their kids instead of asking the government to do it for them. I for one know what my kids are watching and what they will be allowed to purhcase. If you find something offensive do not allow your child top have it or view it, seems pretty simple to me. Parents need to be held accountable for thei kids in this country. You had them, you raise them and you are responsible for the kind of adults they turn into. So if your child is a criminal ...yup you did do somethign wrong!!!! Enough with th sympathy and sugarcoating. 

Name: Sharla | Date: Jun 18th, 2006 12:42 AM
But lili you have to understand that its not going to be 3 yr olds buying it, it'll be 14+ and at that age they can buy what they want and hide a lot of things from their parents so they'd never find out if he/she knows they would disapprove. It's that simple, a teenager MIGHT copy what he/she sees and at that age, to what extent can the parent control them? The government needs to take action, coz there are def parents that actually let their kids have that kinda stuff, my heart goes out to the victims and the victims families so if banning it could save at least 1 life then it should go ahead with no problems. The government is there to protect society not sit on their butts and start wars like theyre doing atm. 

Name: Jason | Date: Jun 30th, 2006 7:09 AM
Yes, lili. All parents SHOULD watch over their children and supervise them. MOST parents are involved parents (particulary the parents on a homeschool chat forum), but the reality is that not EVERY parent has the good furtune to be at home when their children are. The widowed mom who is working two jobs to put food on the table, gas in the car, and pay for the childrens sports, music lessons, etc. unfortunately can not be their every moment to control every movement her children make, particulary two teenage children. The best she can do is hope and pray that the morals/values she has TRIED to install carry over for those moments she is not able to be there. And I emphasize TRIED because as our children grow they do become individuals. (How old are your children?) However, with today's society, that even allows for a game of this nature to be on the open market, it is evergrowing uphill battle. I am not this women and am fortunate (for the time being as all of our futures are uncertain) not to be in that position. One major problem with our society today is we only look out for our own children and not the child next door. He is someone elses problem. Have we all forgotton that it takes a village to raise a child?
This is sort of off on a tangent, but many parents of homeschooled children seem to think that little Isaac doesn't swear, pick on other children or get picked on himself, and all that other "stuff" we thought we were preventing our children from by homeschooling them. I am so tired of parents that seem to live in their own little world and oh no couldn't be my child. Why? Because, we homeschool. I homeschool and thankfully my son and I are close enough that he opens up to me about a lot of what happens when we are not looking. Many parents would be surprised. And I am sure he is leaving the worst out. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us