Hello, guest
|
Name: angie181
[ Original Post ]
Teen stepdaughter. I have read everything online and it I am doing the stuff it says.....But still having problems with her attitude around friends and talking bad and no respect. He real mother may see her once a month for a few hours, I am not trying to be her mother to take over.. just a mentor with positive guidance. If I voice my opionion to her dad, he just says shes a teen and acts like her mom and tells me to talk to her about it. So I finally tried to talk to her and she just texted her dad and said i was being nasty with her and he called me and jumped me. I am at my witt's end with her and have never done anything to discourage her at all. I love her and her dad very much, but at the point of leaving, I don't know where else to turn for help......
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Eve_is_not_Evil | Date: Aug 8th, 2009 4:01 AM
wow. Well I guess some of it could be her being a teen but that doesn't excuse poor behavior. Does she act the same way with her birth mother and dad? Is it just you she acts this way to? In any case maybe you should sit down altogether, with her father there and talk to her like that so she can't pull that kind of thing with you. 

Name: whitewolf3001 | Date: Aug 10th, 2009 7:27 PM
Hi Angie,
I think your step daughter is being very un reasonable. She is a teen yes and I know that in it's self is trying enough. But she has to know that you play a very important role in her life and in her father's life as well. I would even talk to the birth mother about your concern of her. She really needs to know that she can't treat you this way. And if her father does not defend you. Then if I were in your predicament. I would be honest with him and tell him if he don't stand beside you more. You will have no choice than to leave him.

It should go both ways in a relationship. And kids should not run a muck. If she is a teen she has to know she must respect her elders. Try being nice but not too nice. The moment she gets testy.. take a tone with her. Say listen.. I am trying to talk to you. Do you want to make this work or not? Tell her you love her and her father. You only want to be in there lives. If she still is manipulating you. I guess it is up to you as to how much abuse you want to tolerate any further.

I think the father defiantly needs to step in. Sometimes yes teens get so emotional and start wars with everyone lol. I know . .I have 2. There are days my daughter hates me. We go back and forth. So I completely understand. My own daughter has said the worse things to me.. like I Hate you mom.. And I don't care if my dad dies .. things like that. And I'll tell you.. She got a good talking to. This kind of behavior is not acceptable. I grounded her. And then she took a new tone. Kids need to know you love them. But also you have to discipline them for bad behavior. Or they will get worse. Since her parents are divorced. Maybe she is taking all her anger out onto you. Sometimes you can't do anything about it. She is set in her mind that you are the bad guy.

Best thing is to just talk to the mom and dad. If they can't help.. I guess it's your call to leave or stay. I wish you luck! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us