Hello, guest
|
Name: tiffany
[ Original Post ]
ok i get my period every month, like im supposed to. im 14, and it lasts for about 4-5 days, and its only heavy on the first an second day, but lately, i have been getting it really really really really heavy, and it lasts for 9-10 days!. why?!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Jessica | Date: Apr 26th, 2006 2:27 PM
As you get older your periods change. The very first time I got my period it lasted for a month! Then for about a year and a half it was really off, I would skip for 3 months, or get it every other month. So I don't think it is anything to worry about. 

Name: Chicken little | Date: Apr 26th, 2006 2:30 PM
Ya cuz Jess your a doctor right? 

Name: Rox | Date: Apr 27th, 2006 5:02 AM
Mine is like that too when I get it. What you eat, stress, and all kindsof factors go into how your period will be each month. The only thing with heavy ones is I would make sure you check your iron and check that you don't become enimic. Drink lots of water too when it's that time. If you feel faint let your doc know as well.

I also have really really bad cramps with mine. You can get on birth control (bc) too. That will ease it up a bit but you need to take it at the same exact time everyday or it will make it wierd again. Plus using bc after 6 months - 1 yr you will develop a cycle you may not like and you'll have to switch again. Overall though the bc should ease the bloodflow and time. Start with a low estrogen dose. 

Name: LISA M | Date: Apr 27th, 2006 7:24 PM
Ya, Ever since I had my period I've had the WORST cramps. My doctor put me on bc as well. It didn't take care of the problem compleltly but it did help. It also made my periods shorter and lighter which helped out my cramping as well. 

Name: bunny | Date: Apr 29th, 2006 3:50 AM
I HATE MY PERIOD IT DISGUSTS ME AND I HATE HAVING IT AND I HATE BEING A WOMAN AS SOME SAY IF THATS THE PRICE I HAVE TO PAY FOR WOMAN HOOD I'D RATHER STICK PINS IN MY EYES!!!!!!!!!! 

Name: dsgsdh | Date: May 9th, 2006 8:28 PM
You should see a doctor. That does not sound normal, and something could be wrong. Don't listen to these people who say "as you get older, your periods change." While that may be true, your change seems significant and very worrisome. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us