Hello, guest
|
Name: LovingLauren
[ Original Post ]
ugggg
I went to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving. They have a dog named Patches, and shes really old. My sunt found her on the side of the road, about 9m old. It was evident that she was badly abused. He attacked almost any man, or woman. She was skittish and unstable. At the time, they didnt have kids. Patches was a very pshyco you could say dog. She was clearly a mutt. Medium-small dog, white with brown patches and her ears are black/gray.
When i was younger, i LOVED this dog, i didnt know that she could bite me at any time. Thankfully, she didnt. She loved my aunt, her angel, the one who saved her life. She's very attached to my aunt.
Now, she has a fake eye that doesnt work, and her other one is going as well. She bumps into walls, she bumps into everything. She never rememebers that there is a wall here, or there. She has cuts on her body, that she wont let heal. She's a loving dog, but now has cists on her body from old age. The family loves her, i love her, but i see it's nearing the end for my life long friend. She will just start barking randomly, i thought she was in pain, but no one knows why patches is barking......
Can you guys just keep my family, their family and Patches in your prayers? This dog was around BEFORE i was alive.....and i love her a lot. She's come a long way from being a little abused puppy.
When i left my cousin's house, that might be the last time i will ever see her.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: T-rabbit | Date: Nov 25th, 2007 3:47 PM
you are all in my prayers. hugs from the rabbit 

Name: 10calama | Date: Nov 25th, 2007 9:58 PM
i might suggest to your cousin to put one of those collars on the dog for the cuts, so the dog doesn't keep them open. 

Name: LovingLauren | Date: Nov 26th, 2007 1:46 AM
well....
If she was in a collar, when the cuts were bad. But now, it will just agitate her more.......
The cuts are like scars and she just "cleans" them
Theres one on top of her head...like she cant reach anyway
the only one that seems to be a problem, the the scar on her elbow. She just licks it, sometimes.
But, it's mostly new skin so a collar wouldnt do much good
or maybe it would.......
i dont know it just makes me sad to know that a dog that was around my whole life, could be gone forever 

Name: LovingLauren | Date: Nov 26th, 2007 1:47 AM
ooh my cousins are young :)
it's my aunt and uncles dog lol 

Name: 10calama | Date: Nov 26th, 2007 2:46 AM
My dog died resently, she was around ever since I can remember but we did get her when I was about 2. I will let you know that, should Patches time come, the greif will pass, and life will go on. 

Name: LovingLauren | Date: Nov 26th, 2007 11:54 PM
i know...but it will be hard for a while
i'm just asking for prayers, so if you can that'd be great, but if not
then okay
i KNOW life will go on, and if you have lost a dog, you would know that that's not something you would like to hear.
I'm sorry, not trying to be mean, just a lot going on
anyway
i better make the best of it! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us