Hello, guest
|
Name: bmes
[ Original Post ]
I had Lex on May 22nd, and it takes 6 weeks to heal and I'm not allowed to lift anything...so I can't lift Anika or anything....well a lot of you know how it is with c-sections. Anyways, I got my mil here helping out, but she was only going to stay for the first couple weeks, but since James got sent to Quebec, she decided to stay until he got back. Well James will be back on Saturday, and my mil will probably go back home then. Now I still need help at home with Anika for another 3-4 weeks after my mil leaves, so I was going to go to my dad's house. BUT my dad's house is over an hour away from where I live. James works from 830-430 and then after he's off work he's still on standby, so he could leave again at any time. I REALLY don't want to go to my dad's house for that long. As soon as I got outta the hospital, James left, now when he comes back, I'll have to leave....

Is there any way that you guys could think of, where I'd be able to stay in my own home and be with James? IS there any one here that has had a c-section here that also had a toddler at the same time? How did you deal with your toddler while healing? did you have help the whole 6 weeks? do you think it would be dumb to chance just staying at home? like i could probably handle Anika on my own during the day while James is at work from 830-430....and then he's home after that, and just hope he doesn't go to any fires in the evenings. i can do everything except carry her up and down the stairs to her room for her naps, so I was thinking I could keep her downstairs and she could nap in her play pen down here. that's the only thing really holding me back is her naps!! LOL....sorry this is so long...

what would you do? do i go to dad's for 4 weeks? or do you think i could chance it? lol...any advice? I REALLY need my hubby right now. I feel so alone without him here. I don't know if I can do another 4 weeks without him around....this is sooooo hard. this is just the worst case scenario happening right now. i don't know what to do....there's gotta be a way.....
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: sheila | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:17 AM
Honey...women do it everyday...just be brave...be strong...but mostly....do what you feel you have to... 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:17 AM
women do what every day? 

Name: sheila | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:19 AM
Have c-section...then come home and care for the other children...I do know a few myself...who has been in that boat.... 

Name: Dana G | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:19 AM
How old is your toddler? Can they walk yet? Because if they can I'd probably stay at home, Let her nap/sleep on the floor so you don't have to lift her, make a tent or something fun.....you gotta do what you gotta do, but if your not comfortable maybe try your dad's for another week or so, but I'd think you'd be ok before 6 weeks, thats probably a safe #....nothing magical happens at the 6 weeks day, you know what I mean? 

Name: sheila | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:19 AM
But i'm sure you know what you can handle...and what will be to much... 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:20 AM
i don't think you understand my question. I wanted to know if there are people here who had c-sections and had a toddler to deal with at home..and how did they cope with that? is there any tricks to handle a toddler and not risk damaging anything where the inscision is. I don't want to rip anything open. do you get where i'm coming from? 

Name: winnmom | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:20 AM
bmes......
phone and find out if you qualify for any help through our medical system.......or if James has benefits maybe it is in his plan? 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:20 AM
she's a year old 

Name: sheila | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:21 AM
Do your best not to lift unless you absolutly have to... 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:21 AM
she can walk on her own now, but I still can't lift her in and out of her crib to go to sleep and stuff. 

Name: hdc_momof2 | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:22 AM
i did! zac was 1 when i had alyssa. all women are different though bmes. i was able to get around pretty good after the first 2 weeks. once my staples were out and not pulling on my tummy like crazy...i was ok! i still didn't pick zac up though until my 6 weeks was up. with the playpen thing...you need to think....can i pick her up and put her in it? or get her back out? maybe you could let her sleep on your bed? put some pillows around her or something? granted that she is able to get on your bed without help that is. you could lay with her even until she falls asleep. surely you can figure something out hon.

good luck! 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:23 AM
well most of the stuff i can do no problem. it's just the stairs....like IF James goes to a fire in the evening and it's bedtime, how do i get her in the crib.....or if she's in the crib and he goes to a fire in the middle of the night and doesn't come home in the morning before she wakes up, how do I get her out you know? i'm just wondering how many of you would just chance it, and hope he doesn't go to a fire? 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:26 AM
during the day, i don't see a problem...i'm sure i could figure out something....it's just if James gets called out to a fire that i'm worried about. ugh....this sucks ass!!

I already feel totally fine...but there's still four damn weeks! 

Name: hdc_momof2 | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:27 AM
is there a spare bedroom that's downstairs??? or maybe you could just make her palet in the livingroom floor. that's what i would do! when i was in that situation i would let zac nap in my bed and at night he would sleep on a palet beside our bed. he really liked being close to us too so it worked out perfect! 

Name: winnmom | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:27 AM
Bmes,
You really can not go on chance.......Do you feel up to doing it?
If not...then yes go to your dads. 

Name: hdc_momof2 | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:28 AM
you got your stitches out already didn't you lol after that happens it's pretty easy! 

Name: Dana G | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:28 AM
I agree with Winn....if your too worried to be alone, it might just be easier to go to your dads.....and you may feel more comfortable before the 6 weeks, never know. 

Name: hdc_momof2 | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:28 AM
winn is right! if you have any doubts then i would go 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:29 AM
thanks hdc.....yeah my bed is super duper high up!!! lol...i couldn't even sleep in the damn thing when i first came home cause i couldn't get out in and out of it...lol...i had to sleep on the friggin' couch!! lol....i can sleep in it now though....but i know Anika won't sleep in it!! i've tried...she just plays and wants to crawl down off of it all the time.... 

Name: Emma2 | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:33 AM
i've never had to deal with this, but i hope you can figure something out that you are comfortable w/.
my vote is go to your dads because you don't want to be without any help if you really need it.
good luck. 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:38 AM
i know the saftest thing would be to go to dad's....i'm just trying to weasel my way out of it, cause even though I'll have more help there, i still be a nervous wreck. Anika is walking and running around on her own now and my dad's house is SOOOOOOOO not child proof.....you don't even wanna know!! AND, his house is a very "active" house....he does alot of entertaining there, and never a dull moment all summer long!! not to mention he's got a big pool with no fence around it, that i've been having nightmares about!! i know obviously she shouldn't be alone outside to begin with, but it still worries me. it takes just one second, if someone isn't looking for her to be across the yard and in that pool!!! 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:39 AM
anyways....i have to give Anika some dinner!! talk to you all later, and thanks for all your advice!! :-) byebye 

Name: Randi | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 2:39 AM
How much does she weigh? I was allowed to lift 25 pounds after my c section... but no more. I definately couldnt for the first 5 days, but after that I was able to. 

Name: Shelbysmom01 | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 4:29 AM
If it were me, I would prefer staying home. I hate dragging a ton of baby stuff somewhere & you have two to carry things for. I would just put Anika on a pallet downstairs & you should be able to manage during the day. I had gallbladder surgery when my little girl was 8 mths old & the doc told me not to lift her. Well, what I did was sit down & then put her in my lap and stand up. I didn't have any problems. Sometimes, you just make it the best you can. Good luck : ) 

Name: marija | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 4:30 AM
pull a mattress on the floor and let her sleep on it during the day until you heal.
are you not healing ok?....i know after 2 weeks i could pretty much do everything i could do before.
Your body tells you when and if you have overdone it!
you can lift and stretch ....just do so carefully and ONLY WHEN ABSOLUTELY NESCESSARY :-)
good luck 

Name: bmes | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 5:25 AM
yeah, i'm healing fine, and I do feel totally normal now....but my doctor said something about the inside inscision takes longer to heal, so even if you feel ok, i could still damage something. well, my dad went through all this trouble putting up baby gates and stuff for me, so i will probably go there for a week and then come home and make do with what I got!! :-) 

Name: momo | Date: Jun 5th, 2007 6:23 AM
i didn't quite have a toddler..He is 4, but afterwards..he wanted to cuddle alot and it hurt..I had help the 1st week also but after that i was on my own..I would try to keep away from the stairs as much as possible..Let you toddler sleep downstairs in her play pen..I think honeslty all the driving to your dads will wear you out...just remember housework doesn't have to be perfect...things can hold off...just get as much rest as you can...Trust me the first 2 months with 2 children you seem to live in a fog..then your body will adjust...But if you work to hard you will just pay for it..I felt so good after my 2nd c-sec..that i overdid it..and man i paid for it.. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us