Hello, guest
|
Name: col
[ Original Post ]
I have just returned to my full time job after a 7 month leave of absence following the birth of our second child. I have an opportunity to cut my hours to part time, which I would love to do, but paying for child care for two children, even part time, would soak up much of my paycheck. What would be ideal in my situation is to find another part-time working mom(s) who would be interested in swapping babysitting duties. Does anyone have any info on how to go about doing this?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jun 3rd, 2006 12:57 AM
Run an ad in your local paper describing exactly what you are looking for or see if you have any relatives that might be willing to help you out for very little or no pay. I babysat for my sister-in-law for peanuts several summers in a row and knew I was saving her a bundle compared to what a regular sitter would have charged her.Sometimes you can find someone who doesn't really need the money all that much so they will babysit for just whatever you choose to pay them no matter how small the amount.I was never a picky babysitter myself,I usually let everyone pay me what they could comfortably afford because I didn't want them going broke,I guess I felt sorry for them and just knew that they were only trying to survive so I didn't get the amount I deserved but I looked at it like SOMETHING was better than NOTHING. And,I felt the kids needed someone too since they couldn't always be with their moms due to her having to go to work.Anyway,good luck on your search,I hope it goes well! Check with family first though,there might be someone there you just haven't thought of that is perfectly willing and capable to help you out! 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Jun 3rd, 2006 1:03 AM
Oh! Also,if you have the room at your house,you may be able to consider letting someone live with you free of charge in exchange for their alway's being readily available to babysit,sometimes even on a moments notice!? It's just a thought! Of course it would have to be someone you know and trust,someone that wouldn't just become a freeloader and not properly look after the kids! It's JUST AN IDEA! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us