Hello, guest
|
Name: nel
[ Original Post ]
I am looking for someone who would be interested in doing an interview with me. I am a student at the University of Arizona in the Special Education Rehabilitation Program. One of the assignments for the class is to interview someone who has special needs or who has a child that has special needs, so that we can better serve the community later in our careers. If anyone is interested please respond; the interview would be over msn instant messanger or email. Thanks
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Aimee | Date: Jun 28th, 2006 1:11 AM
I would give you an interview. I have a severely autistic daughter.
She is 5 years old and is in a cognitive/autistic impaired class. I would answer any questions that you have. Reply with your e-mail and then I will write to you and you can respond with your questions. I'll check back 6/28/06. 

Name: nel | Date: Jun 28th, 2006 3:51 AM
Thank you soooo Much!
[email protected]

Here are the questions

List of questions
Disability Interview
Objective: To obtain a first hand understanding of what it is like to have a disability.
Task: Locate and interview either a person with a disability (this can be an adult or adolescent) or the parent of a minor child who has a disability. You will also give a 2 to 3-minute* brief summary of your experience. You should not be familiar with the person you interview.
In your interview, you should identify, in DISCUSSION form - NOT bulleted:
§ The first or full name, disability, age and gender of the person with a disability.
§ How it was first identified?
§ How did the disability impact the family? Elaborate.
§ Did the disability predate, postdate, or appear concurrently with the person's entering school? And then how did it affect school progress?
§ Did the student (or parent) feel as if they were an active participant in the special education team? Elaborate on positives or negatives.
§ How the disability has been accommodated in school, at home, and at work (if appropriate)? And elaborate.
§ What do/did they wish every teacher knew and understood about their disability? And elaborate.
§ What more (should be/should have been) done to provide accommodation?

what was your worst experience with a professional that was meant to help you
what was your best experience with a professional that was meant to help you
what is one word of advice that you would give a person planning on going into the special ed/ rehab field
how did you as a parent handle the news that your child had special needs
is there anything that someone could have done to make your life easier
Did the disability affect the way the child was treatd in school, if so how could the educators have helped? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us