Hello, guest
|
Name: BabyPursuit
[ Original Post ]
It seems like my 1 month old is always attached to my boob. There is no rhyme or rhythm to his feeding patterns. Just when I think he's done feeding and has fallen asleep, I'll lay him down to go to sleep and suddenly he's whaling his head off crying. I feel like I am creating bad habits by holding him all the time.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: LindsayK | Date: Jan 23rd, 2008 6:45 PM
I know what you're going through. But, my Doctor as well as lots of things I've read say that you can't spoil a young baby. So I just went for it. My daughter was always camped out at the breast the first few months. And constantly wanted held. I say just enjoy it! As long as your dealing with it okay and still able to get the rest you need. 

Name: sarbro | Date: Jan 24th, 2008 1:56 AM
I just went through the same thing with my second child. My son was born in October and it felt like that's all he wanted to do was nurse and be held morning, noon, and night. So that's what I did nursed and held him constantly. But my son is almost 4 months old and he finally is getting into somewhat of a feeding schedule every 21/2-3 hours. Sometimes I don't even think he is hungary he just likes to be close to me and snuggle. I definitly don't think you are creating bad habits you can't spoil a baby. Hang in there. 

Name: Marti | Date: Jan 24th, 2008 5:32 AM
Ian was the same way. He lived on the boob until he was probably three months old. Then it got much better. He also always wanted to be held. Sometimes it was frustrating because he just wanted me and I would just want five minutes in the shower. But I tried to remember that these early days, they want us so much and soon enough he'll be a teenager that is embarrassed by me :) Ian is nine months old and still very snuggling and sweet but he's really not super interested in the boob anymore unless he's tired and hungry. Then he still seems to want that closeness. Hang in there and try to enjoy the bonding time. 

Name: playmatex3x | Date: Feb 10th, 2008 7:42 AM
my daughter (Hallie) lived on the boob all the time also. it drove me insane because i couldnt have a life other than feeding her. which wasnt a problem because she had to eat lol. but sometime if someone wanted to spend time with her or take her for the night, we substituted it with formula. it worked because she took both!! thank god! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us