Hello, guest
|
Name: Lora
[ Original Post ]
I am not a mother and I am not expecting. I am planning to concieve before the end of this year. I do plan to breastfeed but i work 16 hours all day saturday and all day sunday. i know i can use the breast pump but my question is will it be a problem for my baby and my husband if my baby is used to me feeding and i am not there ?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: firewife | Date: Jul 26th, 2006 7:06 PM
Well it depends, my son is 4 months and absolutely refuses to take the bottle, although I think its my fault for introducing it too late. My sister works full time and tried to nurse as long as she could but because her baby was getting a bottle during the day, he eventually did not want to nurse anymore, he self weaned around 3 months. Although I know many full time working mom who never have a problem, it all depends on your baby. 

Name: julieh | Date: Jul 26th, 2006 7:26 PM
i personally have had no problem. i returned to work when my daughter was 6 months old and worked 25 hours per week for 6 months and then 38 after. we introduced sofia slowly to a bottle from 6 weeks and she adapted well, but it does depend on the baby. even working full-time has not affected her nursing, although it does become a pain at night!!!! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us