Hello, guest
|
Name: worriedmama
[ Original Post ]
after emptying both my breasts (or so i thought) with a pump last saturday afternoon. after a few hours i breastfed my son. a few more hours after that i started feeling some pain in my right breast and since my son was asleep, i decided to pump. it turns out there was a hard wedge shaped lump and it was painful. i wasn't able to pump out much milk and started to run a fever. the breast was neither red nor engorged nor swollen. however since my fever was quite high (39), my doctor prescribed me some antibiotics. since then i have been breastfeeding my son religiously and trying everything to clear out the blocked duct - massage in the shower, changing nursing positions, warm compress, etc ... i fever finally went away yesterday but the lump is still there. it doesn't seem to be getting significantly smaller. i have had blocked ducts before but they usually clear up after 2 or 3 feedings. now it's been 3 days! is this normal? what else can i do???
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mamal | Date: Jun 30th, 2007 2:00 AM
I am sooo sorry! I am so late in answering you and hopefully by now things are looking up. Just in case here is some great info on some relief efforts:
http://www.askdrsea
rs.com/html/2/t022200.asp
Yo
u
are such a trooper breastfeeding (as you should) through the pain. I know it is not comfortable! What an amazing mama!!! 

Name: mamal | Date: Jul 10th, 2007 2:07 PM
bump 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us