Hello, guest
|
Name: jeffnjasharstad
[ Original Post ]
Wow I haven't been on the forums in FOREVER!!! I am due March 22nd so I'm 34 weeks and 3 days along. I live in Sioux City, Iowa. Me & my fiance started Birthing Prep Classes last Wednesday & they are every Wednesday this month, next Tuesday I am taking a Breastfeeding class, the classes sound interesting and last week (our 1st one) was real informative, I am looking forward to our next class, even my fiance says he likes it! Awesome! Just wanted to see who else was due in march and when & if you live in this area and how you are holding up? This is our first baby. I'm getting my nervous/scared days but at teh same time I'm totally excited. I just have no clue how to know if it's a real contraction and when I'm really going into labor. Also I think about where I would be when that happens and etc. The baby has dropped about a week ago, I heard I can go into labor between 2-4 wks from then, so abuot 1-3 weeks? Any advice or words of wisdom? Thanks, Jasmin
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: amandadenise | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 6:51 PM
Hi Jasmin I'm 33 weeks and this is my second baby. I'm scared and nervous and think about all the things that you are thinking about to and I've already been through it...LOL. I had an u/s 3 days ago and his head was so low that they couldnt get a good measurement on him.....I'm not sure if that means he dropped or not but I know hes head down. I'm not in any classes but I hear they are good to take.....I'm glad you and your fiance both enjoy the classes! Do you know what your baby is or are you going to be surprised? Dont worry about knowing the difference between contractions because trust me....you will know whne you have them...lol. I had it pretty good with my first son and was dialated 4cm and my water broke when I go to the hospital and was in NO PAIN!!! Now I"m worried with this baby that it wont go so smooth...LOL. But I think we always expect the worse. Well good luck to you and congrats on your baby!!! :) 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 7:52 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. So when is your due date? You are only a week behind me! Where do you live? We are having a girl, we found out 3 weeks ago I believe it was. Very excited, we hoped for a boy but are even as excited with a girl! We are naming her Laylah. You got any names picked out yet? How old are you? I am 23, live in the wonderful midwest, lol...today isn't bad but it's been cold! and there has been snow on the ground for the past 4 weeks now, can't wait to see green grass again! Wow I hope labor for me will be painless, ya right! I know I'll feel pain but I just hope I'm not in there for 28 hours in labor! You know you hear those horror stories especially for the first baby...how long was your labor with your first? Hope to hear from ya, Jasmin 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 7:53 PM
Good luck to you as well with the baby & I'm sure you won't have troubles with this one, they say after your first it goes smoother and easier and less labor time. 

Name: connie | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 8:07 PM
I am due March 14, and it is my first and I am pregnant with a boy.
I just finished my prenatel classes, some were good and others werent that informative, I am going to take another breastfeeding class next week just to get some more info.
My baby's head is engaged but I am not dilated or anything like that. But hopefully soon, I have one week of work left so anytime after 16th of Feb will be fine.
I had really bad braxtons hicks/growing pains for 2 days straight so hopefully something is happening. 

Name: Coartney | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 8:09 PM
Im due In april, I am 31 weeks tomorrow. my first also, a boy. 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 8:12 PM
Connie: hey congrats on your pregnancy! Hope it all goes smoothly for ya! The reason why I signed up for prenatal classes was because I was going through that stage of fear of the unknown "how bad will it hurt?" "how do i know im in labor?" "where will it happen?" "what will i do?" stuff like that...so I called the hospital and they said they are having those classes this month and they are free. So I signed up. I heard Braxton Hicks contractions don't really hurt just are a bit uncomfortable? Is that true? How did you know thats what they were, what did they feel liek ? Sorry if I ask too many questions but I'm trying to learn as much as I can so when something happens I can go "okay this is just a braxton hicks contraction not the real labor contraction" ya know? Thanks :) 

Name: connie | Date: Feb 11th, 2007 8:23 PM
I am glad I did the classes, I think they are good for your partner as well. The best was the different postion and massages etc.

B/H are tighten of the uterus, I have been getting them for a while,but last week my belly was hard for 2 days straight with pressure down below, they didnt hurt but just really uncomfortable. But my doctor just said he was just dropping with growing pains-with real contractions they will be more painful I guess, and will be either wit discharge etc(mucus plug,water breaking). I have heard tons of different stories of people not knowing they were in labor etc, or being in labor for week, so we will just have to wait and see.
I am seeing my doctor every week are you? How have you been feeling? anything different lately, breathing better etc. 

Name: julie23 | Date: Feb 12th, 2007 3:46 AM
I will also be 36 weeks on tuesday.. I am due March 13th. 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 12th, 2007 8:15 PM
Connie: Thanx for your reply. Well last night I laid there wanting to go to bed early, but I started feeling sick like I was going to throw up but didn't, then my heart started beating fast & it was hard to breathe, it did that on and off about 3-4 times. But I'm alright, just tired today, can't wait to go home and relax. I'm at work right now. Tomorrow we go to a breastfeeding class tomorrow evening then Wednesday (for valentines day) we got our prenatal class.
Brandiss & Julie congrats and good luck, the dates are coming up soon, i cant believe only 5 1/2 weeks left for me, wow...it went fast but also these last few weeks seem to go by slower probably because i am anxious for the baby to come and also because im getting more uncomfortable. 

Name: daviswakita | Date: Feb 13th, 2007 9:45 PM
I am Due March 12th via C-Section but orginally due the 15th of March so happy I am doing the 30 day count down!!!!!!!!! 

Name: engreer78 | Date: Feb 13th, 2007 10:19 PM
I am due March 27th. This is my first child. I have already taken the breastfeeding class, and I have one more lamaze class left. Needless to say I learned alot from both classes. I am having a boy, and am very excited and nervous. Congrats to you and good luck! 

Name: Andrea B | Date: Feb 14th, 2007 6:03 PM
I am due March 21st, first baby, I'm 26. I live in Elkton, MD. The baby (boy, to be named Rowan Matthew) hasn't dropped as far as I know...I'm still having trouble breathing.....Have had 3 birthing classes-they're mostly informative, but sometimes a little dull. It was nice to take a hospital tour though-the labor rooms are NICE near us!

My husband and i both teach and we had off today due to snow, so we had a chance to unload all the baby stuff from the shower into the room. It was nice to take stock of what we have and what we need. In a bit, we're going out to buy me a glider at Babiesrus, which I can't WAIT for!! Those things are a god send-I think I could live in one!

I wish I knew exactly when Rowan would make his appearance because I could plan better, but that's life. Can't wait for the big day! Good luck to you all! 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 15th, 2007 6:32 PM
I took the breastfeeding class on the 13th of this month, and every Wednesday day this month taking the prenatal class, only 2 left. yesterday we took a tour of the hospital and i knew they remodeled but i didnt think they'd do that great of a job, it doesn't even look like a hospital more like a hotel and the rooms and birthing suites look very nice and comfortable, nothing is WHITE everything has neutral colors, light tans and yellows very soothing, and now i actually wont mind staying in the hospital for a few days, plus it doesn't smell like HOSPITAL anymore, very clean air and no medication smell, i like that. I find those classes very helpful. had my 2 week prenatal checkup and got my group b strep test done, can't believe the weight i have gained since i first got pregnant, was 120 now am 166, gained 5 1/2 lbs from last visit 2 wks ago, during the 2 wks before that only 1 1/2 lbs...but they said this week was when the baby grew the most. off and on i've been having braxton hicks contractions, i can feel them today as well as last night during the prenatal class...also those breathing techniques are calming and make you concentrate. my fiance is very supportive and does the breathing exercises with me, he's so sweet. good luck to you engreer78 & andrea!! im exactly 35 weeks along today!! so 35 days left....i have a feeling the baby will come sooner but i could be wrong...i still have a hard time breathing but the doctor said her head is down, but must have not fully dropped yet since it's not easy to breathe yet... 

Name: julie23 | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 8:21 PM
Wow Connie and Nicole were due around the same time as me and both have had they're babies!!(congrats ladies)... This means my time is comming VERY soon!! I am way more scared this time then the first....not to mention I have nothing done. The babies room right now is serving as an over sized closet for cloths me and my husband don't wear any more, so today I am hopeing to get my butt in gear and clean it out, maybe wash all the baby cloths... If I don't do it...it won't get done! 

Name: amandadenise | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 10:21 PM
Hi Jasmin, I"m so sorry its been so long since I've been on!
Im 25 and live in Erie Pennsylvania and its been so snowy here, I'm sick of seeing white...LOL. I just hope it isnt like this here when I go into labor..LOL. I like the name you picked for your daughetr....its very pretty! We are naming our little guy Austin. :) I think my total labor time with my first was 9 hours and I hope its true about second babies.....maybe I"m looking at a 6 hour birth...lol(yeah right). Things arent to bad once you get an epidural....then its not so bad. Are you planning on getting something for the pain? 

Name: jeffnjasharstad | Date: Feb 17th, 2007 8:24 PM
AmandaDenise: yeah I'm planning on an epidural, but I'm going to try waiting on getting it as long as I can. I heard that after so long you can't get it anymore, so I'll tell them to let me know when my last chance is LOL and then get it. Some people do fine without meds, so I want to try but I'm 98% sure that I'm having it done LOL. Ya it snowed some last night to this morning, and freezing rain, I'm hoping when I go into labor the streets are clear. If it happens at home then I'm only 10 blocks from the hospital, but if I'm at work I'll be like 8 miles away! I requested March 12th to be my last day at work since I'm due March 22nd. If I don't have the baby by then, then during that time I can get last minute things done. I've worked on my bag to take to the hospital, all I need is to put in a couple pairs of clothes (shirts/pants)...I'm getting excited, yet nervous, but I can't wait to hold her!!! I hope my labor won't last long (ya know you hear them horror stories of first time labors of like 28 hours long, no thanks!!)
Thanks about the name compliment, I did have Austin picked out as one of the boy names if it was going to be a boy, but my fiance was sticking to Liam Michael, which was fine with me I love the name, but it's a girl so Laylah it'll be, just still no middle name!!!! Both our moms' middles names are Ann, so we tried coming up with a name that has "ann" in it, nothing sounds good together, we dont want to do just "ann" though.
Good luck to ya'll with your pregnancies 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us