Hello, guest
|
Name: melmoney
[ Original Post ]
I'm having them right now and they hurt - they hurt in my belly and in my back. Are they supposed to be painful? The instructor of our lamaze class always talks about them like their is no pain involved whatsoever... was she lying to me? Are they painful for you when you have them?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Marlene | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 5:44 PM
How often you having them how far along are you and they never hurt me with my first and now i only feel my uterus tighten up no pain. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 5:50 PM
I'm 35w2d. They've been coming and going for about the last 10-15 minutes. Maybe I should start timing them... 

Name: Marlene | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 5:54 PM
yea thats a good idea my daughter came at 34 and 1/2 weeks so keep an eye on them. 

Name: sterlids | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 6:10 PM
yea being that close they could be real contractions. the nurse i saw yesterday said that bh are more like period cramps and your belly gets really tight. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 6:19 PM
Well these are more like pains all around me, but they aren't very regular at all. I'm having a difficult time timing them. It seems like they just come and go as they please and last however long they like. 

Name: sterlids | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 6:23 PM
have you tried to make them go away? on of the main differences between real contractions and bh are that you can make the bh go away but not the real ones. so try walking or sitting a different way . 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 6:31 PM
Walking makes them not as painful. So that's a start.

Dang it! Why am I such a wuss when it comes to pain?!? 

Name: mommyagain | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:02 PM
You very well might be starting labor, now this could be real labor and still last a couple weeks on and off... Do like Danielle said try walking. If it is real labor like labor that isnt going to come and go nothing will make it ease up. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:09 PM
Ummm... but I'm not ready yet.... I thought I had about 4-5 more weeks... hoping this isn't the real thing... hoping these go away... not that I don't want to see my baby... just not ready yet... 

Name: sterlids | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:11 PM
lol, thats funny!!! none of us will be ready honey, but that baby will come when it wants too. 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:18 PM
I actually found that my braxton hicks contraction hurt more then my actually labor so when I did finally go into labor I wasn't even aware that I was in labor. I expected my labor contraction to be as bad if not worse then the braxton hicks contraction.

Trying changing position. Usually with braxton hicks just moving or changing position can actually help stop the contraction. But I would also continue to time them just incase. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:32 PM
See now, that's a more comforting post Ethansmom. Shame on the rest of you for freaking me out like that.

PS - I'm just kidding. I'm taking all of your comments seriously and continuing to time these contractions to tell if they are real or not. Apparently the sarcasm and joking is my way of dealing with the uncomfortable pain... 

Name: sterlids | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:36 PM
well at least you have a technique 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:40 PM
Whatever works...I laughed. Yes I know not funny but I didn't know what else to do besides cry. 

Name: sterlids | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:48 PM
yea and crying makes the pain worse. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 12th, 2006 7:50 PM
yes... and crying makes the husband feel bad too 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Oct 13th, 2006 3:50 AM
yeah I've found that crying makes the pain worse...funny how that works. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 13th, 2006 4:24 PM
Well I really don't think these are the real thing now that I've been having them for over a day. I was able to go about 3 hours last night without a single pain, but then they picked up again. They are really irregular and come and go in whatever time frame they so choose. I also just don't 'feel' like it is the real thing either - as corny as that may sound.

With that said though... these things hurt!! Maybe I'm just a wuss, but they hurt and make me unhappy. :( 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Oct 13th, 2006 4:30 PM
Yeah sounds like Braxton Hicks. If they were real labor contraction it is said that they would gradually get closer and closer together and increase in strength. And you wouldn't of had 3 hours without a single pain. But I do hear you. As mentioned before my Braxton Hicks contraction hurt so bad that I would just lay crying and laughing. And then when the day came that I was actually in labor I didn't feel anything, I only found out that my contractions were 3 minutes apart because I called the doctor saying that I didn't feel right. The first contraction that I did feel was when they hooked me up to potocin to make them stronger. 

Name: melmoney | Date: Oct 13th, 2006 4:36 PM
Yeah, I just want to curl up in a little ball with the heating pad and sleep them away. But I'm at work and will be stuck here for another 4 hours. My MIL wants to go to the movies with us tonight, but I may just nix that idea and spend the night on the couch in pajamas. 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Oct 13th, 2006 4:55 PM
Oh the movies...I remember going to the movies and right in the middle of it I started having Braxton Hicks contractions. No fun. Being pregnant and sitting in a movie theater is uncomfortable enough. Sitting in a movie theater pregnant with Braxton Hicks beyond uncomfortable. I think I would just recommend going home after work, see if moving around helps, like you mentioned maybe try to get some sleep. Just like the real contraction, Braxton Hicks contraction can take just as much out of you. If you can't get your contractions to stop you might want to call you doctor, I don't want to scare you but on the same not the could end up being real and they may want to stop them since you are only 35 weeks. By 36 or 37 weeks if you go into labor they will just let them go. But again I have the feeling that they are just braxton hicks since again you said you did have a period of no pain what so ever. 

Name: christen | Date: Oct 16th, 2006 2:50 PM
wow you ladies are giving me hope. this weekend has started my braxton hicks marathon. and it is only when i got to bed =(. i will be just getting comfortable and then BAM it hits me and all i want to do is hold my breath because even breathing hurts. but i try and roll to the other side or something. i feel bad for the dear husband i'm either breathing in his face or i'm tossing and turning. but what most of you said that when it is more painful for the braxton hicks your labor contractions weren't nearly as bad. so maybe there is hope yet. i also had a question when my baby gets to moving a lot i hear kind of a popping noise coming from my belly anyone else hear this or expirence this? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us