Hello, guest
|
Name: missmara
[ Original Post ]
Hey girls - I know a few of you are up right now. I got headaches with my last pg. but this time I've been getting them in the middle of the night. They are extremely painful - they wake me up from a deep sleep, and they feel very localized above my eyes usually. I know if I call the doctor she's going to ask if I've been drinking enough water, and I have been making sure I drink more, especially at night. Anyway, anyone else get these??
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: firsttimer | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:08 AM
i get some headaches i dont know exactly where they hurt but they last all day until i finally go to sleep. 

Name: missmara | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:15 AM
Do you take anything for them? I know Tylenol is safe, but I feel guilty taking it everyday. I try to save it for desperate times. 

Name: firsttimer | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:17 AM
no i suck it up but i have a hih threshold for pain and i had headaches before i was pg quite regularly, so i'm use to it 

Name: christiansmommy | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:18 AM
OH MY GOD! YES, WHEN I WAS PREG. WITH CHRISTIAN, I HAD GOT THEM SO BAD THAT I HAD TO GET PRESCRIPTION 800MG IBUPROPHEN FOR THEM. I USED TO WAKE UP CRYING. I GOT THEM ALL DURING THE DAY AS WELL. I USED TO HAVE THEM FOR HOURS STRAIGHT. SEE, I WAS VERY ADDICTED TO PEPSI TOO, SO I HAD TO GO COLD TURKEY WHEN I GOT PREGNANT. THEN, THE MIGRAINES CAME. MY OB SAID TO HAVE A CAN OR TWO A DAY JUST TO KEEP THE MIGRAINES DOWN. BUT, THEY STILL CAME UNLESS I TOOK THE MEDICINE, SO I DON'T KNOW IF THEY WERE B/C OF THE PEPSI OR NOT. BUT I ALSO HAD BRACES AND WORE CONTACTS/GLASSES, SO THEY COULD HAVE COME FROM EITHER ONE OF THOSE AS WELL. DO ANY OF THESE APPLY TO YOU? CAFFEINE, VISION, BRACES, ETC.? 

Name: Coartney | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:19 AM
do you happen to have allergies? those tend to get worse at night when everything in th ebody is relaxed, like i can be around cats all day long but if one comes near me at night, im running for the benedryl lol 

Name: christiansmommy | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:19 AM
ASK YOUR OBSTETRICIAN ABOUT THE 800MG IBUPROPHEN. I TOOK IT DURING MY ENTIRE PREGNANCY. IT WAS PRESCRIBED BY MY OBSTETRICIAN, SO IT WAS SAFE FOR THE BABY. 

Name: missmara | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:20 AM
Yeah - I usually suck it up too, but my husband gets tired of me complaining about it!! I just wish I could figure out why I get them. In the beginning I know it was from caffeine withdrawal! But I'm 14 weeks now and I rarely have caffeine. Who knows. Just another symptom to deal with!! 

Name: firsttimer | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:21 AM
i'm down to about 2 cokes a day, but when i dont have one then the headaches come easier 

Name: christiansmommy | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:22 AM
LOL. 

Name: missmara | Date: Dec 22nd, 2006 5:23 AM
Hmmm...I don't have allergies. Not regular ones at least. If it's really windy (I live in Tucson and we get bad dust storms) then I get congested, but no pet allergies. I do wear contacts and glasses. Usually glasses unless I'm going somewhere. These headaches almost remind me of a sinus infection, but I'm not sick. My doctor said I can take 2 doses of Extra Strength Tylenol each day, but I try not too. At least the headaches are at night and not during the day while I'm taking care of Sophie. 

Name: popes_gurl_54 | Date: Dec 23rd, 2006 2:37 PM
christiansmommy- i understand about the pepsi addiction....that's about the only thing i drink...buy my husband and i are ttc, so i've been drinking lots of cranberry-grape juice...and stretching out my two glasses of pepsi a day....i buy those six packs of 24oz bottles and drink itout of a little shot glass, so feel like i'm getting more....unfortunately the caffeine withdrawal migraines are about ready to kill me!!!!! 

Name: sweet tomorrow | Date: Dec 23rd, 2006 8:05 PM
yeah i get them. My neurologist said they're hormonal Migraines 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us