Hello, guest
|
Name: 17andpregrant
[ Original Post ]
Hi everyone I was just looking for advice on pregrancy what its going to be like and everything I'm 17 and pregrant, i am also happliy married, in school and going to start college soon i am at the moment 10 weeks into the pregrancy and i was just wanting to know what to expect in the upcomming months and also would like to know what being a mom is like so i also know what to expect as being a mom i know i am young but i am ready for all challenges if you were woman enough to create it you are woman enough to take care of it!!!! I'm going to thank you all in advance the wonderful and up comming advice you give me!!!!!!!!!!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Coartney | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 2:42 PM
pregnant and pregnancy, sorry i hate spelling errors haha.. uhm, queasy feelings, tired all the time, not tired anymore, no appetite, full on appetite, lol depends on the person really. 

Name: 17andpregrant | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 3:02 PM
Does anyone know what labor is like? 

Name: connie | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 3:19 PM
There is lots of great websites that can acuallty give you a baby calendar of what to expect. I use them all the time.
here is one , hope it helps,but feel free to come here too.

www.justmommies.com

I am only 30 weeks, and this is my first so I dont know what labor is like, I acuallty start my prenatel classes tonight.
good luck 

Name: jillw | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 3:32 PM
AAAHHH YEAH the labor thing.....well it hurts....alot.... but in the end it is all worth it :) 

Name: missmara | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 4:02 PM
There really is no way to describe what labor is like to someone who hasn't gone through it. They say the closest pain to labor pain is kidney stones, but I had kidney stones a few years ago, and the pain from that was nothing compared to the contractions before having a baby. However, once you have the baby, most women say the pain was absolutely worth it!! Congrats on being pregnant. I'm really happy that you are interested in educating yourself about pregnancy and motherhood. It's the best thing you can do to prepare yourself! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 4:05 PM
hell some women even say they didnt even know they were in labor lol .. its crazy 

Name: babey_g_311 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:13 PM
im about 35 weeks pregnant now, and when I first got pregnant I of course knew that feeling the baby kick and all that would be great, but some things I didn't know about pregnancy are that...1.) you are going to have many,many tests done *i have no fear of needles anymore,lol* 2.) your attitude towards alot of things will change as you get closer to becoming a parent 3.) things that tasted great before you can't even look at now and 4.) atleast with me.....I became the biggest worrier ever.....every time she stops moving for awhile or anything like that I freak out worrying if shes ok or not.....everyone gets different symptoms, i got lucky enough to get them all plus a few,lol, but even when its a rough pregnancy I think deep down being pregnant is still great....best of luck to you on your new adventure! 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:24 PM
i agree with babey on all those things haha but i was already a worry wart, now im psychotic when it comes to worrying lol 

Name: bmes | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:30 PM
labor for me was NOT fun at all..some have it easier than others. just remember that they don't give you a medal for not taking any pain killers!! i learned the hard way, and didn't take any, until of course when i ended up having to have a c-section. my next one I say bring on the dope!!!!! lol...

Also about c-sections....please make sure you read up about it and are somewhat knowledgable on the topic, cause even if you don't want one, sometimes you have no choice. Labor is so unpredictable, so make sure you have it in the back of your mind that it probably won't go exactly the way you want it to go!! I went in there thinking, oh no big deal.....no drugs, I'm not gonna have a c-section, everything is going to be smooth sailing....HA!!!!! was I ever wrong. I'm not saying that you'll have the same experience that I did, but make sure you're not too close minded about the whole thing. 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:30 PM
17andpregrant-

There is no way to explain labor since it varies from one person to the next. Some will tell you that when you are in labor you will know because it's painful. I on the other hand would completely disagree since when I went into labor I had no clue, never felt it. Just as each pregnancy is different which I am actually realizing with baby number 2.

With my son the first trimester I had morning sickness until week 12, second trimester went smooth with no problems. If it wasn't for the belly and the movement of the baby I would never have believed I was pregnant. Third trimester my son was constantly in my rib cage, I was uncomfortable, sleeping was almost non-existant. This time around I had sever morning sickness until week 16. Unlike with my son none of the medications that they gave me helped. By 27 weeks I started having pre-term contraction off and on. I sleep for crap because my hips hurt, every single time I roll over my pelvic bone pops and that hurts. I continue to have contraction some of which are so painful I cry others not so much.

I wish you all the best with your pregnancy. 

Name: spankyx0711 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:35 PM
i think the best way to worry about labor is to not worry at all. some women make birth plans and such but forget it. it's all in a higher power's hands as to how your labor and delivery go. some say it hurts some say they didn't even know they were in labor and gave birth in their living room. some get c sections some have vaginal births, some get epidurals some dont, some women undergo episiotomies others tear others just get skid marks others just stretch and come out scot free. so the best way to go into labor is to know all that CAN happen and hope for the best 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:37 PM
Well said Mallory.... 

Name: spankyx0711 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:40 PM
are you excited for your c section jen?!??!? i know i am! !! do you think since karen wont be having her c section until the week of jan 20, that she could take care of spreading the word for me as well? i'm kinda scared to ask her, she's already helped me out sooo much 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:48 PM
Karen would do anything for her friends. Otherwise if you would feel better about it I would be willing to help you out as well. I'll be home by Monday and do plan on checking my email at least once a day. Figure I should have at least a few minutes a day to do that. Won't be on as often as I have been but will definately be on when I can.

I am both excited and nervous about the c-section. I didn't think I was but the last week I have been having anxiety attacks. I am not so nervous about the c-section as I am about then spinal block that I will be getting. 

Name: spankyx0711 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 5:53 PM
i'm sure everything will be okay jen. i'll definitely be praying for you and kylie though.

the thing is with me is that I DONT KNOW when i'll have her lol! i dont anticipate being overdue if my fluid remains low, but if my levels are up at my next appt, chances are they'll let me remain pregnant for as long as possible. so it could be as early as this weekend or around the time karen has her c section. so i dont know who to ask. i guess i could just ask you to do it, if i deliver while karen has her c section. but ask her to do it if i deliver before her c section. heck i dont know. 

Name: Mom2Be2007 | Date: Jan 3rd, 2007 7:13 PM
Mallory it's okay you can ask me. I will be more then happy to help you out and let everyone here know how thing went. Marc is going to check my email while I am up at the hospital so should for some odd reason you have your little one while I am in the hopsital I can have him email Karen and I am sure that she will be more then willing to help out. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us